British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 728

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 21 2011, 9:32 PM BST

That stick on? Those scare me slightly. Also, surely the stickiness wears out?

As a part time transvestite, I can confirm you'll get plenty of wear before the stickiness wears off.

Is enjoying the mental imagery of this conversation :)

Quote: Ben @ July 21 2011, 9:42 PM BST

As a part time transvestite, I can confirm you'll get plenty of wear before the stickiness wears off.

Ruined!

<3

Quote: Leevil @ July 21 2011, 9:49 PM BST

Ruined!

Ruining the vinegar strokes since 1982. Cool

The famous Catchprase clue is on where it looks like Roy Walker is wanking.

You mean Mr Chips?

Victoria Wood. Can't stand the woman. Presumably she's fallen on hard times, hence the TV advert. If I hear her, one more time, saying 'bettA' I swear I'll smash the TV screen and become extremely unpopular here.

What's she advertising?

Quote: lofthouse @ July 21 2011, 10:49 PM BST

You mean Mr Chips?

:D

From yesterday evening alone: standing like a muppet for ages waiting for the lights to change; do the request buttons not mean anything anymore? If you're in a car, and I'm on foot, in the cold and rain, why do I have to be the one who waits? And the wait is ridiculous, especially when you have to cross several roads and you're trying to walk efficiently. And they change back so quickly, giving the elderly enough time to take two steps before traffic roars towards them. And since walking is less damaging to the environment than driving, why do pedestrians not get encouraged by making roads easier to cross?

Also, poster advert for argos- cutesy boy about to spray dad with water gun. Sickly enough but the dad is sitting down, with his back to child- hardly a friendly water fight but an attack on an adult, direct to the head, probably eating or having a fag or something. And it won't be argos that gets in trouble when a shocked and soaked father thumps the horrid little kid (I don't condone violence to children, but if one water gunned me in the back of my head from close range when I was sitting peacefully unaware, I don't think I should be held accountable for my actions in self-defence)

Adults getting it on on a bus

Thinking someone's left a copy of metro paper but it turns out to be city am

Most of Hackney not having a tube station

Idiot drivers trying to deliberately splash you with big puddles (would completely be worth spending life in jail just for one rainy night with a flame thrower)

When pubs can't even be bothered to get wine that you don't recognise so you can pretend that it actually is worth fifteen quid, but instead sell the same stuff that's available for a fiver in the shop next door

Quote: zooo @ July 22 2011, 12:41 AM BST

What's she advertising?

God knows. I'm too busy sitting seething at her irritating voice to pay any attention to what she's trying to flog. We usually lower the sound during adverts, but somehow this thing has played aloud a few times - probably Mr. Keewik took the remote to the toilet with him at that point.

You have no idea just how pissed off I am right now...and it's not even me that has the problem.

Co-plotting revenge in the nicest way possible that inflicts the maximum irritation on the person who has done the dirty.

Going out with a list of things to get, and returning with nothing. Luckily, however, I managed to try on that backless dress today before I ordered it. It is horrible.

Oh, well that's that issue solved!

So now I bought a different one. Oops. :)