British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 727

Quote: sootyj @ July 21 2011, 3:44 PM BST

People who eat fried chicken on buses.

Filthy f**kers.

Any of those terrible fried chicken places that litter every other London street like great stinking turds. The places are covered in dirt, the smell coming from them is terrible, why would you go in and eat?! Yet,whatever time of day, there will be people in there ordering a box of fried muck. They deserve to get food poisoning.

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 21 2011, 3:36 PM BST

I read somewhere that they are the baby equivalent of having a 4x4.

So if sports cars are supposed to be penis extensions, what are the chelsea tractor cars/buggies? Ovary exaggerators? 'My baby is so terribly precious and much more important than anyone else's, or you, or anything you care about... like your legs being intact because drivers can see you' (this also applies to those f**king pretentious buggies, the cost of which could provide food for a less well-off child for months).

Quote: AJGO @ July 21 2011, 2:01 PM BST

Also, when did buggies get so bloody enormous?

Buggies often incorporate bulky car-seats, so you can lift little Quentin out and pop him into the Porsche Cayenne. Or they are those preposterous long, 'jogging' buggies with massive wheels. But the main problem is fashion; the mums simply have to have this year's design, s they'll shell out for whatever overengineered nightmare happens to be 'in' this season.

Quote: sootyj @ July 21 2011, 12:31 PM BST

When you get up for a pregnant lady or elderly type person on a bus.
And some little scrote sneaks and grabs the seat.

You have to shout at them 'that seat wasn't for you! Let the elderly person sit down you despicable human being!'

Brucie bonus: even though people agree, you look a bit mad and no-one wants to sit next to you and so you don't have some other rude person's elbows in your ribs/rucksack on your feet/newspaper giving you small but painful cuts.

I wonder how much grumpier I can get?

Radio advert for 'Cars 2', ends with a quote from the film 'now that's how I like to start the day'. But no-one goes to the cinema at the start of the day. And it's not funny, or intriguing, and some halfwit got paid a massive salary to choose it for the ad.

When you make room for the elderly/infirm on a bus and they walk past all the front seats and sit behind you.

I think they do it on purpose.

When an oldish man offers you a seat because you are a lady, and you can't decide whether to say no and let him have it for being old, or take it so as not to offend him and his gentlemanly offer.

Facebook - disapproving ads because it has a picture of a fat bloke in it, it might hurt their feelings....it's me for f**ks sake

Quote: zooo @ July 21 2011, 9:22 PM BST

When an oldish man offers you a seat because you are a lady,

It's not because you're a lady, it's because you look pregnant,.

Laughing out loud

Finding a dress you love, on sale, in your size...but which is too low-backed to wear a bra with. Girl drama.

Ha, you'll have to get one of those magic bras without a back.

That stick on? Those scare me slightly. Also, surely the stickiness wears out?

Ooh no, not them.
I'm sure they make bras that somehow just go around your shoulders or something.

Who needs bras anyway?

I dunno that those exist. But maybe I could invent them...