British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 720

And does half the world suffer from a speech impediment? It's Rupert MurdoCH ( as in loch) not MurdoCK.

Quote: keewik @ July 11 2011, 12:18 AM BST

And does half the world suffer from a speech impediment? It's Rupert MurdoCH ( as in loch) not MurdoCK.

I've got no idea what the difference is.

:P I always 'over-express' speech! I know it will annoy, but people are nice ,don't mention, a bit of personal fun I suppose!

Box Junctions

150: Box junctions. These have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road (see Other road markings section). You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right. At signalled roundabouts you MUST NOT enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping.

Nearly every morning I have to go through one of the most ludicrously thought out box junctions in the country.
If you obey the law above then no one would move at all.

Through no fault of your own, you have to break the law or stay where you are for an hour watching everyone else break the law.
Car horns get tested there everyday. :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ July 11 2011, 7:58 AM BST

Through no fault of your own, you have to break the law

I've noticed that it's sometimes impossible to follow the highway code and stay lawful at certain traffic lights, because the stopping distance stipulated by the highway code isn't long enough to allow you to stop in time if the lights start to change, so you would have to in theory go through the red light.

"Creatives" as bosses.

Oh, you've had a new idea? Cool! And you want me to have the material made up for you and delivered by tomorrow? Despite the standard ~ 1 month lead time? Oh, and you're going to shout at me when it's not miraculously appeared? Wonderful.

Doing the late shift at work. 13 hours now. :(

Sounds like it's more a long shift than a late shift.

Quote: EllieJP @ July 12 2011, 9:49 PM BST

Doing the late shift at work. 13 hours now. :(

That's crazy

Quote: Vader @ July 12 2011, 10:00 PM BST

Sounds like it's more a long shift than a late shift.

Yeah.... basically. Same start time as normal...

What time do you finish then? And why do you have to stay so late?

Are they at least paying you well?

Just got home... no over time!

Sleep now (to Q.I).

Quote: Chappers @ July 11 2011, 1:37 AM BST

I've got no idea what the difference is.

You truly don't know the difference between 'ock' and 'och'?

The bastards are still doing it by the way - every bloody news reader and David Milliband. It's a conspiracy to drive me mad(der).

Quote: keewik @ July 13 2011, 10:20 PM BST

You truly don't know the difference between 'ock' and 'och'?

Fraid not. I'm an ignorant sassenach.