British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 409

Quote: TopBanana @ July 7 2011, 5:06 PM BST

Sunday Sun first edition before the end of 2012.

Stone. Cold. Certainty.

Tricky one. Does Murdoch want to taint the "good" name of the Sun by direct association with what will inevitably be seen as a NOTW substitute?

Stone. Cold. Certainty.

Someone I heard on radio or tele (can't remember where)said that Sunday editions of weekday papers don't work.

Apparently the discerning masses want something different on Sunday from that which they read all week.

Errr

Will Wetherspoons next Sunday be fall of scowling numpties, trying to work out where to get their dose of ignorance?

Quote: sootyj @ July 8 2011, 6:17 AM BST

Will Wetherspoons next Sunday be fall of scowling numpties, trying to work out where to get their dose of ignorance?

Bizarrely, NoW gets something like 2.9ish million ABC1 readers a week.

Maybe they could call it "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

And make Bono guest editor?

Make the lead guitarist head reporter and their coverage would have an EDGE!

Quote: sootyj @ July 8 2011, 9:40 AM BST

Maybe they could call it "Sunday Bloody Sunday"

A great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday. You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!

Yeah, that's Bono's typical Sunday that is.

Quote: bigfella @ July 8 2011, 9:57 AM BST

Yeah, that's Bono's typical Sunday that is.

It was Alan Partridge quote.

It paints a wonderful picture in the mind.

Appart from Larry Mullen Jnr popping round to borrow his lump hammer.

My preference . .

Quote: sootyj @ July 8 2011, 9:40 AM BST

Maybe they could call it "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"

And make Ozzy guest editor?

Or Bob Geldof could edit, "I don't like Sundays."

Stone. Cold. Certainty.

That will be a bit confusing for us in the north-east, as we've already got a newspaper called the Sunday Sun.

Stone. Cold. Certainty.

Remember your last one of those? :D THey do it too soon and people will call for it to be boycotted too and The Sun while they are it and that is a BIG risk to take, do it to late and the Ad revenues will have migrated to the Sunday Mail. It's a tough one.

Paraphrasing a brilliant tweet from Billy Bragg:

No need to worry about the journos at the NOTW being made unemployed. As we know from reading their putrid articles in recent years, the unemployed get 5 bed mansions from the council and £50,000 a year in benefits.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2013099/Kirsty-Merrimans-step-father-Stephen-Lee-Davies-cleared-raping-sexsomnia.html

Erk. Unpleasant when you hear more detail.
(Not to get back into the whole discussion again, but just in case anyone was interested.)