British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 718

Quote: zooo @ July 6 2011, 12:25 AM BST

Of course it's also about their looks. Numpty.

Wasn't me that said it.

Why are you reminding me of something I said only 20 minutes ago? I don't have dementia.

(ahem.)

:|

In recent years, new editions of Tintin and Asterix books have had their hand-written text removed and replaced with a computerized uniform font. The result is hideously ugly and makes the new albums less pleasant to read.

Quote: Kenneth @ July 6 2011, 12:37 PM BST

In recent years, new editions of Tintin and Asterix books have had their hand-written text removed and replaced with a computerized uniform font. The result is hideously ugly and makes the new albums less pleasant to read.

Yuck, haven't seen that but it sounds horrible.

The fact that the police won't get involved in harrassment of tenants in social housing. Unless violence or racism is involved

So sexual harrassment, picking on the disabled or just plain old bullying are all second to bleeding racism!

Glottal stops and intrusive 'r's on TV from people who're being paid to make an effort, but aren't

I've been in London today.

What is it with these tossers who have to run/walk past you on the Underground escalators?

How urgent is their life?

Angry

It's too boiling in the tube to run anywhere. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

I've been in London today.

What is it with smelly old guys who stand stinking up the escalators?

We have to run past them.

BBC announcers who can't pronounce Welsh place names. Traffic reporters being the worst. For instance I know that Leominster is pronounced 'Lemster' and Mousehole is 'Mowsul' so why can't the Beeb take some time to educate their announcers. The Rhondda being pronounced 'Ronda' and Gilwern (said as read) pronounced 'Gilwun' is unacceptable. I do accept some are very difficult but this is the BBC so standards should be set.

I do accept also that some Welsh people pronounce their own place names wrong which is pretty awful however they're not broadcasting to the nation and BBC Wales is always smack on as they should but nationally they're flaming awful.

Mousehole? Where's Mousehole?!

Quote: zooo @ July 7 2011, 1:58 PM BST

Mousehole? Where's Mousehole?!

Could be in your skirting board (a la Tom and Jerry) or Cornwall.

Coooooooool.

I wented on my honeymoon there.