British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 407

Quote: Leevil @ July 6 2011, 1:39 PM BST

Under what conditions is it suitable to allow a student to stay in a teachers house?

He wasn't a teacher though.

In the report below, it gives further details. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2011145/Stephen-Lee-Davies-accused-rape-walks-free-jury-accepted-suffering-sexomnia.html

Quote: zooo @ July 6 2011, 12:35 PM BST

Think of it from her view. An old man rutting away on top of her, with no way of stopping him.
Oh but that's okay, she found out afterwards he was asleep!
It still happened, she was still terrified. It's still rape from her POV, even if she completely understands now that he didn't do it on purpose.

She is in the most awful position of being a victim of an awful violation which should be a crime but isn't.

Sort of like a person killed by lightening.

She deserves all the support in the world.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 6 2011, 12:34 PM BST

Though obviously he's the only one who can know for sure if he was having an episode at the time.

Proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, remember that it may keep your lilly white bottom out of the prison showers one day.

And in this case it's pretty unprovable.

Quote: zooo @ July 6 2011, 1:10 PM BST

They should strap him down when he sleeps.

Or put an electric fence around his bed.

I wonder if he gropes and forces sex on men who stay in his house, or just women. And if he has kids. Cos that could be slightly awkward.

Supposing it was reversed and it was a woman who had somnisex and a male student got into bed with her. And had sex whilst both were asleep, would he be a rapist?

Quote: Nogget @ July 6 2011, 1:32 PM BST

He texted her the next day to ask if anything had happened. Why did he suspect anything? Did she remain in the bed, after he'd attacked her?

He might have dreamed something or found stains on the sheet who knows?

Quote: chipolata @ July 6 2011, 1:08 PM BST

Shouldn't the guy have had some punishment or custodial sentence purely on the basis that he's clearly at risk of doing it again and therefore a danger to the community.

As he seems to stay in bed a warning sign at the foot of the bed should suffice
"Beware of the fornicator"

Quote: sootyj @ July 6 2011, 4:13 PM BST

Proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, remember that it may keep your lilly white bottom out of the prison showers one day.

I've done jury service twice, I know how it works.

I did it once, loved it.

Never actually sat in court. Just bunked off early and sat on the beach, rest of the time played lots of games of poker.

Quote: sootyj @ July 6 2011, 4:13 PM BST

Supposing it was reversed and it was a woman who had somnisex and a male student got into bed with her. And had sex whilst both were asleep, would he be a rapist?

:S Why on earth would you think he was?
I don't think that works at all as an example, sorry.

Anyway, aside from that weirdness, it seems like we pretty much agree on the rest. Now you've explained yourself properly.

You know I've had a most excelent jacket potato in a cafe and now can not be bothered to explain myself or try and work out iF I even agree with myself.

Fascinating thing these "sleep behaviours." Basically when you sleep your brain paralyses your body and then your subconcious has a crazy uninhibited party in your brain.

But when the paralysis doesn't work you can find yourself doing what ever your subconciese demands.

Anything....

Yeah, somnambulism is pretty fascinating stuff. Wrote a book about it once! (A shit one.)

Does that mean what Sooty said in the post above?

Somnambulism is sleepwalking and stuff. If you mean that, and not the potato stuff. :)

Quote: Leevil @ July 6 2011, 1:15 PM BST

It also sounds like complete bollocks of a condition, whilst not impossible, it is very hard to believe it is true.

I have heard of this condition before; there was a TV program about it.

Quote: zooo @ July 6 2011, 5:12 PM BST

Yeah, somnambulism is pretty fascinating stuff. Wrote a book about it once! (A shit one.)

Was this before or after Chenobyl Charlie?

Ha! Before.

News of the World to cease publication from this Sunday

What a shame, I do love a good boycotting.

Oh no, I'm going to miss their um... Huh? Anyway...