British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 406

Quote: EllieJP @ July 6 2011, 10:29 AM BST

The thing is, she was still raped.

:S

But whilst he was in a condition to have no idea or control over what he doing.

Come on.

And why the hell did she get into bed with him!

Sootyj will now be sleeping in a locked coffin buried underground to stop nubile 16 year olds sneaking into his bed.

Happens all too often.

Quote: sootyj @ July 6 2011, 12:32 PM BST

Come on.

Though obviously he's the only one who can know for sure if he was having an episode at the time.

Quote: sootyj @ July 6 2011, 12:32 PM BST

Come on.

Think of it from her view. An old man rutting away on top of her, with no way of stopping him.
Oh but that's okay, she found out afterwards he was asleep!
It still happened, she was still terrified. It's still rape from her POV, even if she completely understands now that he didn't do it on purpose.

Ok this argument is bollox.

The nature of the crime however awful is irrelevant against the culpability of the perpetrator.

Supposing you ran to give your unlce a hug without realising he had no pants on and was holding a trowel.

Would you want him hanged for murder and sexual assault?

Quote: sootyj @ July 6 2011, 12:47 PM BST

Ok this argument is bollox.

The nature of the crime however awful is irrelevant against the culpability of the perpetrator.

Supposing you ran to give your unlce a hug without realising he had no pants on and was holding a trowel.

Would you want him hanged for murder and sexual assault?

Don't be silly. Zooo said from herpoint of view, knowing he has some sleep problem doesn't stop the girl feeling like she has been raped. That some man had sex with her against her will. It's not difficult to get you head round that.

Apparently impossible for sooty!

If you got beaten up badly in a violent attack, then found out the guy was mentally ill and didn't mean it/or was sleep attacking you, you're still covered in bruises, your arm is still broken and and it still hurt.

Does that make it any clearer? Or are you still baffled.

Shouldn't the guy have had some punishment or custodial sentence purely on the basis that he's clearly at risk of doing it again and therefore a danger to the community.

Well, he at least shouldn't be allowed to have women sleep over!

They should strap him down when he sleeps.

Or put an electric fence around his bed.

I wonder if he gropes and forces sex on men who stay in his house, or just women. And if he has kids. Cos that could be slightly awkward.

It's obvious that he shouldn't take the risk by allowing student to stay at his house. It also sounds like complete bollocks of a condition, whilst not impossible, it is very hard to believe it is true.

Quote: zooo @ July 6 2011, 1:10 PM BST

I wonder if he gropes and forces sex on men who stay in his house, or just women. And if he has kids. Cos that could be slightly awkward.

:) Sounds like a reasonable experiment! Albeit with a willing participant.

Quote: zooo @ July 6 2011, 1:02 PM BST

Apparently impossible for sooty!

If you got beaten up badly in a violent attack, then found out the guy was mentally ill and didn't mean it/or was sleep attacking you, you're still covered in bruises, your arm is still broken and and it still hurt.

Does that make it any clearer? Or are you still baffled.

Yep, exactly.

If it is a genuine condition, then I feel really sorry for him as it must be horrible. And did he have it when he was younger? Did he try to shag his mum and sisters? Yikes. Absolute nightmare. Plus he must feel really guilty about this poor girl.

But if he's a complete shit it could be made up, or he could suffer from it, but on occasion could pretend to be asleep and have a good old rape of anyone in the area. Like I said, does he just do it to women? That's lucky for him...

He texted her the next day to ask if anything had happened. Why did he suspect anything? Did she remain in the bed, after he'd attacked her?

Quote: Nogget @ July 6 2011, 1:32 PM BST

He texted her the next day to ask if anything had happened. Why did he suspect anything?

Well she probably didn't stay for breakfast.

Under what conditions is it suitable to allow a student to stay in a teachers house? All I can think of is a relative or friends of the teachers child. It's all a bit weird!