British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 405

if you knew to look for them....

Went to a talk on the aparent Israeli nuclear program. The scary thing is in most countries with secret or semi secret nuclear programs. The weapons exist with very little meaningful oversight from the military or the government.

Not to mention avoiding counterstrike by making weapons as swiftly launchable as possible.

Quote: sootyj @ July 3 2011, 8:04 AM BST

if you knew to look for them..

We're very good at that. ;)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 1 2011, 2:56 PM BST

This has been going around Twitter with many people claiming it to be the sickiest newspaper headline in years.

http://twitpic.com/5ji0ru

That is absolutely disgraceful even by the Mail's abysmal standards.

The Mail has no shame, it's continual circulation is a mark of Cain on this country.

N.B. changes to teachers pension payments equates to a £100 a month pay cut, after a 2 year pay freeze.

Lovely.

They do the best telly guide at the weekend.

I like the Guardian one, nice handy size.

Guardian one is better.

Stop trying to be aloof Chip, you're coming over more as a loaf.

I do like their readers questions and answers section.

(ooh post number of the beast1)

Quote: sootyj @ July 3 2011, 2:14 PM BST

Guardian one is better.

Stop trying to be aloof Chip,

Always with the potshots at The Mighty Chip!

(As for the Daily Mail. It is pretty unpleasant, but I hink liberals spend far too much time fretting over it as it is. And I really do love their weekend telly book).

I've just learned that a charity that I do volunteer work for, Daisy Chain (which helps children with autistic conditions like I suffer from) has been attacked by vindals / burglars.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9120872.Vandals_wreck_building_used_by_disabled_children/

Ironically, just before I learned about this, I was updating the news article section of the guide, and posted and listened to this.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ July 5 2011, 11:10 AM BST

Ironically, just before I learned about this, I was updating the news article section of the guide, and posted and listened to this.

It is a great song.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/sexsomnia-case-man-cleared-rape-165341022.html

"Stephen Lee Davies, 43, of Pembroke Dock, west Wales, claimed he was innocent because he could not stop himself from having sex while asleep."

"His wife and a former partner also gave evidence detailing how they became used to being "groped" in the night while sleeping with him. They said he would have sex with them in his sleep and remember nothing the next day."

Errr

The thing is, she was still raped.

:S

*prepares to rent spare room to local sixth form students*

If he knew he suffered from this condition, why did he take the risk of having students in his house? And...

"....She had gone to sleep on his bed in the early hours of September 7 2009, using his room because it was cooler. Davies was already asleep in the bed../"

Who here would go to sleep in their landlord's bed with him still in it?

Quote: EllieJP @ July 6 2011, 10:29 AM BST

The thing is, she was still raped.

:S

Yes. It doesn't seem quite fair that he gets off (and on another note - pretty much the right to sleeprape anyone he wants in the future?) and she gets no justice or anything whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is that she should get damages. Not that money means she hasn't been raped, but it at least acknowledges that something horrible happened to her that shouldn't have.

Quote: Nogget @ July 6 2011, 12:17 PM BST

If he knew he suffered from this condition, why did he take the risk of having students in his house? And...

"....She had gone to sleep on his bed in the early hours of September 7 2009, using his room because it was cooler. Davies was already asleep in the bed../"

Who here would go to sleep in their landlord's bed with him still in it?

Maybe it was dark and she didn't see him. Or maybe he's a lying freako and he wasn't there at all.