British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 708

Programs in windows that decide they are going to run in the background anyway.
Uncheck the box to start when windows start - and they bloody re-check the box themselves to start again next time.

Shut them down in task manager and they just restart themselves back up.

stop running you f**kers

I bloody hate Windows! Had to try and use and also fix one. Why can't they make things simple? Or I should say, why have they changed the COntrol Panel? I couldn't see any "classic display" option so spent half my time trying to find the damn settings window I wanted.

Awful, awful OS.

For those who don't know what Mac's control panel looks like:

For the average non-geeky user, it is a God send. I won't lie, some of the settings are still confusing. But f**k me, no where near as bad as Windows.

This isn't a PRO Mac rant. It's an anti-Windows rant.

Should of stuck to XP.

Riley has outflanked the bully and is killing the bastard with kindness. Kindness always confuses him. Riley is cunning and devious.

Quote: Gavin @ June 23 2011, 1:56 PM BST

Should of stuck to XP.

Yeah, I didn't mind XP. It was my Dad's new laptop. Pile of shit (bloody Currys). Tried loading XP on after Win7 had gone twattish but it wouldn't take XP, so had to borrow Win7 off someone else. Loaded up fine and works, apart from the network cards and their bloody drivers! Gave me a right headache.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 22 2011, 9:20 PM BST

Punch him in the chuff!

Laughing out loud

Quote: KLRiley @ June 23 2011, 1:58 PM BST

Riley has outflanked the bully and is killing the bastard with kindness. Kindness always confuses him. Riley is cunning and devious.

Best route all the way complete mind f**k niceness.

I think it's because we've got so used to such an ambient level of rudeness.

Just this morning my director of finance called me a f**king c**t. I replied good morning and he jumped out of the window to his messy death.

I've now been accused of killing with kindness and am being charged with murder.

Quote: sootyj @ June 23 2011, 2:46 PM BST

Best route all the way complete mind f**k niceness.

I think it's because we've got so used to such an ambient level of rudeness.

Just this morning my director of finance called me a f**king c**t. I replied good morning and he jumped out of the window to his messy death.

I've now been accused of killing with kindness and am being charged with murder.

Never fear Soots. I have a bunch of undergraduates who are brilliant on the innocence Project. Just let me know when you get banged up and I'll set them on getting you out.

Quote: sootyj @ June 22 2011, 9:53 PM BST

I'm usually the person on the other side of the desk...

Seriously this is the worst advice in the world.

And unless you both agree to record material it's inadmissable and potentially a gross misdemeanor and harrasment.

Also pointless. It's not a court of law it's not reasonable doubt. You only need to prove probable and that maybe just one person agreeing with you.

There is no restriction on a private individual recording bad behaviour. You can't get better evidence. Don't be such a Liberal . :P

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ June 23 2011, 1:25 PM BST

Programs in windows that decide they are going to run in the background anyway.

Have you tried msconfig.exe?

People who put on stupid voices when they're speaking to you about stuff important so you can't understand a word that coming out of their stupid noise hole.

Have you tried msconfig.exe?

Oh yes -that's the part where I meant I unchecked the box not to start with windows and on next start-up it or they had re-checked themselves.

I am quite computer literate and had to go into 'services' to stop a lot of the needless shit running without my permission.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ June 23 2011, 3:57 PM BST

Oh yes -that's the part where I meant I unchecked the box

I thought so but figured I'd ask just in case.

I've gradually switched to Macs over the last few years and now when I have to tackle Windows there is a lot of cussing involved. I got tired of constantly working on my son's PC so I loaded OS X on it and we're both much happier.

Quote: Will Cam @ June 23 2011, 3:17 PM BST

There is no restriction on a private individual recording bad behaviour. You can't get better evidence. Don't be such a Liberal . :P

Legal but goes against most companies policies.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 23 2011, 3:15 PM BST

Never fear Soots. I have a bunch of undergraduates who are brilliant on the innocence Project. Just let me know when you get banged up and I'll set them on getting you out.

How's fruit juice going to help?

Quote: DaButt @ June 23 2011, 5:17 PM BST

I thought so but figured I'd ask just in case.

I've gradually switched to Macs over the last few years and now when I have to tackle Windows there is a lot of cussing involved. I got tired of constantly working on my son's PC so I loaded OS X on it and we're both much happier.

Is that a Mackintosh? I tried iATKOs v1 (spelling?) a while ago and it seemed quite good. Although I go on the websites now and it does confuse me a bit. Is it as straight forward as it used to be? Well not that it was THAT straight forward but you know what I mean (I hope).