British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 706

Do you need none economy flights for health reasons??

Because that sounds like a reasonable adjustment on their behalf.

Not sure who you can ask for help but you don't wanna start getting pushed around on health grounds to save them money.

I think she had a bad back injury recently?

I'm not being unreasonable as I had a serious back operation earlier this year, my boss and director have agreed business class flights but finance director is saying no.

I've worked my arse off on this project, and whilst I can't blame turn-coat, I can't stop hating them either.

Get HR on the case. Seriously once this bullshit starts it never stops.

I mean the big bosses say yay it's not for finance to f**k about with their choices.

I know I might sound a bit pampered, but basically I was prepared to do the best job possible for them, but because I am asking for a couple of grand extra to not endanger my health, they are making me train someone else to do my job. That's wrong!

Who used the word pampered?

Reasonable adjustments. You are not being treated fairly either morally or within the terms of Disability Discrimination legislation.

I'm gonna PM you Soots.

Actually Angie its s.20 of the Equality Act 2010. But Soots is quite right. If they've agreed an adjustment that is reasonable such as the upgrade, they should give it to you. To say no and then make you train someone else to do your job. Not on. Possibly be perceived as bullying - humiliating or degrading treatment.

HR, union or CAB.

Punch them in the chuff!

Good luck Angie.

Bullies. I mean FFS I'm leaving in five weeks time but can he leave me alone to do my job for that short period? No. He demands updates on where I am and rather than doing his job, once he has the latest spreadsheet he's emailing minions to email people to ask for information for which I've already asked.

Punch him in the chuff!

Would love to Nil but it would probably lose me the payoff.

Hmmm the complexities on work. :(