British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 704

I believe these were mud daubers but I didn't stick around long enough for a positive ID.

Guess I'll go out and try it again. Teary

Quote: zooo @ June 21 2011, 12:28 AM BST

What's a paper wasp?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPz6Iv3-mJM

:D

Quote: DaButt @ June 21 2011, 12:30 AM BST

I believe these were mud daubers but I didn't stick around long enough for a positive ID.

Guess I'll go out and try it again. Teary

Whereas European wasps are quite relaxed and don't attack people until one actually touches them. They are immune to regular household insecticide and their generally subterranean nests are extremely difficult to locate. The best way to find a nest is to catch a wasp, tie a piece of fine cotton (with a small strip of brightly coloured tissue paper on the end) around the thorax-abdomen joint and follow it. They do not like being caught and really dislike having cotton tied to them.

Ours build easily spotted paper or mud nests that I spend all summer knocking down. I hate them.

We're also having some sort of fly epidemic. Nasty.

One of the damn wasps just got me in the leg. Ow!

Well, I hope you shot it! ;)

I already shoot the nests along the roofline with a BB gun but tomorrow I'm laying waste to the entire wasp population on my property with chemicals and hoses. They will all DIE.

Moaning f**king staff who are only interested in themselves but insist on telling you how flexible they always are and how disappointed they are that they can't have holidays authorised even though they have given 2 weeks' notice and how the fact that other staff have holidays booked isn't their problem and how 'this place' should plan for staff wanting sudden leave by paying Temps to come in, and how are they going to tell their children that they can't now go to a Haven Holiday camp because their dad's boss won't let them.

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH Angry Pirate

They should be grateful that you've stopped them going to a Haven Holiday camp.

As Nogget said, the kids will probably be damn grateful that Dad's boss stopped them going to Haven. Tell the numpty to aim higher or the kids will disown him.

Medical types. As much as I love the NHS, I resent the hours of my life that it wastes. Final appointment to check on the bike accident damage. Over an hour's worth of waiting for less than 50 seconds with the two medics involved. 15 seconds for a nurse to remove the dressing and say 'oh that's fine." 35 seconds for the consultant to look at it and say 'don't come back'.

We went to one of these parks, and were given the keys to a big caravan. The kids wanted to open it and run around inside. As they they were about to turn the key, a massive dog bounded up and pummeled the inside of the door; the kids were petrified, and and had they actually opened the door, God knows what would have happened. The campsite had screwed up and sent us to the a caravan that was still occupied. They then put us in a stinking van with sweat-stained sheets.

Anyway, they made up for it, and promised a bottle of champagne would be ours. It turned out to be sparkling perry. That just about sums up the place.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 21 2011, 12:16 PM BST

Medical types. As much as I love the NHS, I resent the hours of my life that it wastes.

Is that the fault of the medical types, or the fault of the lack of funding which makes them so over-stretched?

Ow! Well at least you know you're not allergic to the stings now.
Some of my family are, but I'm not. Cos I'm awesome.

I hate wasps! I hate them when the fly in through the window and piss themselves off by banging against the window for ages. I dare not go near them though and assist them out. And there's no way I'm effing killing em. So I just sit there for however long it takes, feeling nervous, whilst the wasps gets angrier and angrier.

Quote: DaButt @ June 21 2011, 2:39 AM BST

I already shoot the nests along the roofline with a BB gun but tomorrow I'm laying waste to the entire wasp population on my property with chemicals and hoses. They will all DIE.

What does this actually achieve? The BB gun bit I mean,