British Comedy Guide

The "Sponsor Me!" Thread

Hello you lovely, generous, people. Whistling nnocently

Me and some workmates are trying to raise as much money as we can for Marie Curie Cancer Care. As you may know, they provide nursing care, free of charge, to terminally ill people, giving them the chance to choose to be cared for at home. And they need to raise £10,000 every hour of every day to carry on their great work!

We'll be shaving or dying our hair various, flamboyant, colours and looking (more) like idiots in the hope that you'll donate some of your hard earned cash to this wonderful charity.

The hair bodging will take place over the weekend of July 23rd ready for the Monday and photos will be posted. :)

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer.

So please donate whatever you can spare now. x

http://www.justgiving.com/hairdarebunch

Done!

Cheers mate, you're a star! :)

Off on holiday tomorrow, so I thought I'd just bump this thread in case anyone was desperately searching for the link. :|

£288 so far (including Gift Aid), so thanks to all the BCGers that have donated so far, you're all lovely, lovely people. And there's still plenty of time for those of you still itching to give, so don't worry. ;)

I'll be dying my hair purple on Tuesday night, so give now!!

Currently sat in the barber's chair with bleach, cling film and a towel wrapped round my head. My it's itchy/hot.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 19 2011, 5:57 PM BST

Currently sat in the barber's chair with bleach, cling film and a towel wrapped round my head. My it's itchy/hot.

When pictures going up mate?

Maybe later for mine. All of us next week.

I now have purple hair!

You can see the pics (and donate while you're there) by following the link in my signature.

I feel a song coming on...Mauve Over Darling ;)

As I've only met a few of you once or twice, and many of you never, I've been totally blown away by the amount of BCGers that have donated, you're all wonderful. <3

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 20 2011, 10:45 AM BST

As I've only met a few of you once or twice,

Cool Oh yeh! Beer and tea cakes.

:D

£622 (with Gift Aid) so far, and my company have vowed to match the final amount. :D More pics available via the link now! :)

Pictures of all (dyers) now available via the link. :)

:D Well done, that's a nice bit of dollar raised!

Wowthat's alot! Top stuff mate :)