British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 763

Well, RTD did totally rewrite "Dalek" and had quite a big influence on both Paul Cornell's episodes.

Anyone struggling to knock one out in their lunchbreak might be interested in this - a top ten of female assistants from the Daily Telegraph.

No early doors for me without Romana 1or 2.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 17 2011, 1:44 PM BST

Anyone struggling to knock one out in their lunchbreak might be interested in this - a top ten of female assistants

Meh, I'll see your list of female assistants and raise you this.

Looks good Afinkawan, but I've only got one bar on the 3G. I think I'll have to leave it.

I have to say, I didn't enjoy the first half of Series Six half as much as I did Series Five (which, awful Silurian two-parter aside, was brilliant). My favourite episodes were 'Curse of the Black Spot' and 'A Good Man Goes To War'. I'm the last person to admit when there's a problem with 'New Who', but recently I've found myself inclined to agree with some people.

There *are* issues with Moffat's writing. The overly-convoluted plots and indeed their execution are starting to grate on me a bit. You know, sometimes less is more. Oh - and I'm sooo past caring about River Song. She needs to go. Soon.

Matt Smith is great though. Can't fault his performance in the slightest.

I miss it not being on. Yes, it was often poorly-written overhyped pap aimed at 6 year olds, but it was fun. And should still be on our screens. And if the rumours are true next year we'll get even less episodes, spread out more thinly because of Moff's commitment to Sherlock.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 17 2011, 1:44 PM BST

Anyone struggling to knock one out in their lunchbreak might be interested in this - a top ten of female assistants from the Daily Telegraph.

Zoe rates lower than Nyssa and Ace?! Donna Noble at 5?! And no Romana #2 or Tegan (excruciatingly annoying character, but Janet Fielding is the unrivaled star of 5th Doctor DVD commentaries). And why no list of the top 10 male companions? The Brigadier, Captain Jack, Jamie, Harry, Turlough, K9, Adric, Mickey, Ian and Steven. That's probably why.

Quote: Afinkawan @ June 17 2011, 2:02 PM BST

Meh, I'll see your list of female assistants and raise you this.

Good lord.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 19 2011, 9:38 AM BST

Zoe rates lower than Nyssa and Ace?! Donna Noble at 5?! And no Romana #2 or Tegan (excruciatingly annoying character, but Janet Fielding is the unrivaled star of 5th Doctor DVD commentaries). And why no list of the top 10 male companions? The Brigadier, Captain Jack, Jamie, Harry, Turlough, K9, Adric, Mickey, Ian and Steven. That's probably why.

Any wank gallery of Who assistants that includes Catherine Tate and excludes Lalla Ward & Mary Tamm has gone totally wrong in its mindtank.

On the subject of male companions Harry gets my vote, especially in the blazer and (solar) flares.

What about Adric, she was very pretty.

Quote: chipolata @ June 19 2011, 7:07 AM BST

And if the rumours are true next year we'll get even less episodes, spread out more thinly because of Moff's commitment to Sherlock.

Moffat's days as Who producer are numbered. Next year will be his last season without a doubt. As Joey says above - 'I'm the last person to complain but...' Too many people are not loving it. Even resident apologist and Moffat-gobbler Matt Stott only gave the last episode 7/10.

As for Sherlock - see the thread for my comments. The 'created by' credit is a f**king joke and a tidy example of Moffat's House-sized ego.

Yes that created by made me choke a tad on my popcorn. :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 19 2011, 10:14 AM BST

Moffat's days as Who producer are numbered. Next year will be his last season without a doubt. As Joey says above - 'I'm the last person to complain but...' Too many people are not loving it. Even resident apologist and Moffat-gobbler Matt Stott only gave the last episode 7/10. As for Sherlock - see the thread for my comments. The 'created by' credit is a f**king joke and a tidy example of Moffat's House-sized ego.

He does always sound monumentally pleased with himself and what he's doing with Who. Which is odd, having seen it.

Quote: chipolata @ June 19 2011, 7:07 AM BST

And if the rumours are true next year we'll get even less episodes, spread out more thinly because of Moff's commitment to Sherlock.

It's not because of Sherlock, Moffat has already said that. It'll either be scheduling, to get Who on just over Winter, a money issue, something to do with 2013 fiftieth anniversary, or a combination of some or all of those points.

Even resident apologist and Moffat-gobbler Matt Stott only gave the last episode 7/10.

'Apologist'. *rollseyes* So silly.

Moffat's days as Who producer are numbered. Next year will be his last season without a doubt.

No, he's going to be there untill at least 2013, the fiftieth anniversary. The series averaged seven and a half million an episode, not counting iPlayer, which is still very strong.

As for Sherlock - see the thread for my comments. The 'created by' credit is a f**king joke and a tidy example of Moffat's House-sized ego.*

And Mark Gatiss, in that case.

Quote: Joey Moose @ June 19 2011, 1:51 AM BST

There *are* issues with Moffat's writing. The overly-convoluted plots and indeed their execution are starting to grate on me a bit.

Though the second of the two stories he wrote for this half is in your top two!

Quote: Kenneth @ June 19 2011, 9:38 AM BST

Zoe rates lower than Nyssa and Ace?!

Yes for Ace, no for Nyssa.

Although he's a slightly rubbish writer, I do like how much Moffat looks like Action Man.

Action Man.

Stephen Moffat.

Quote: chipolata @ June 19 2011, 10:49 AM BST

Although he's a slightly rubbish writer,

Oh Chip-Diddy-Chip.