British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 703

Oh ok.

Well can I be bummed at the stake instead?

Thank you.

We aim to please.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 7 2011, 9:17 PM BST

One minute silences

Have I missed it or are these compulsory now before any sporting event?

Wales v Barbaas last weekend. In memory of the four people killed in the explosion in South Wales.

What about if they had been killed on the M4 outside Newport? Would it have happened then? What're the criteria?

Angry

One of my pet hates Rocker. Silence and black armbands are fine and appropriate for people closely connected to the sport or club but in recent times it's got silly.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 9 2011, 5:45 PM BST

The reference is not worth having. It is completely factual and the inference is that I was dismissed. However, I have no plans to use them as a referee. I'll just be honest. They called for volunteers and I wanted a job closer to home. Hopefully one of the interviews that I've had recently will translate into employment so I won't need to ever deal with them again.
Will take the advice and not mutter or threaten. (More validation soots!)

Good luck KL. I would check with your lawyer though as I have heard cases of the person making the grievance claim being, for want of a better phrase, f**ked over like a dog.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 8 2011, 7:31 PM BST

National rail enquiries that route your journey through London despite it all heading north and starting north of London. Does the concept of cross country no longer exist?

Like my house to Watford area. Just get buses!

Sorry all. Wasn't being indifferent. Internet went down for no apparent reason but in response to the comments

Quote: sootyj @ June 9 2011, 6:02 PM BST

So how long have you been working for them?

I'm just aware in my field (social care) not having the most recent employer as referee is the kiss of death (with the unwanted tongue of failure)

and if you fought them for 6 months? Could you fight them for this?

11 years.

No. The quality of the other references (Have to provide three in total) outweighs the current employer. I don't have six months left.

Quote: AngieBaby @ June 9 2011, 8:38 PM BST

Sorry to hear about your work woes Riley, Soots has given you good advice. All I can suggest is for you to talk to HR and ask for 'garden leave'. Tell them the stress of coming into the office is stressing you out as bully is still there. They must provide laptop and remote access. Might get you a couple of weeks working from home in the sunshine.

Lawyer has actually suggested such. If I get a repeat performance at any time over the next week, I will be back to the GP and basically get signed off until leaving date.

Quote: Badge @ June 9 2011, 9:40 PM BST

Good luck KL. I would check with your lawyer though as I have heard cases of the person making the grievance claim being, for want of a better phrase, f**ked over like a dog.

And I have seen what this lot can do. Which is why I will probably try to get an exit interview with the HR department and tell them what is going on.

Working from home today ie scouring sits vac and sending off as many as I can. :)

Yet again, ornate glass lampshades in low-ceilinged bathrooms. I dislodged and smashed one tonight while removing my t-shirt. Cleaning up the broken glass is never any fun.

Talentless tarts like Rihanna that find the need to do ads for Renault cars

what? Your not loaded enough that that you have to flog motorcars?

Motorcars that someone like you wouldn't even be seem dead in?

Pitiful

P*SS*N' B*ST*RD INDIAN EFFIN' CALL CENTRES !! Angry

And yes, I know I'm shouting. I was at them too.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 18 2011, 6:18 PM BST

But do you think they understood you?

Wasps. Especially in large numbers and even more especially when they're all chasing me.

Just because they sound Indian doesn't mean they are. There are some major call centers in the Philippines too.

I think it's English people putting the voice on to annoy us.

P*SS*N' B*ST*RD INDIAN AND PHILLIPINO EFFIN' CALL CENTRES !! Angry

Quote: DaButt @ June 21 2011, 12:06 AM BST

Wasps. Especially in large numbers and even more especially when they're all chasing me.

Paper wasps I don't mind. It's the invasive European ones that I can't stand. They are killing the bees and destroying the fruit.

What's a paper wasp?