British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 758

Quote: Badge @ June 6 2011, 7:39 PM BST

The introduction of The Flesh means you don't know who's who any more. Even if it looks and behaves like them it might not be them.

I think the great thing about the new Who is that anything can be anything and then they can change it and it can be anything again and again and again and that's great isn't it? Isn't it?

Quote: Marc P @ June 6 2011, 10:51 PM BST

I think the great thing about the new Who is that anything can be anything and then they can change it and it can be anything again and again and again and that"s great isn't it? Isn't t?

Yes, but is it you saying this?

Quote: Badge @ June 6 2011, 10:52 PM BST

Maybe Matthew is channeling me!

I think the great thing about the new Who is that anything can be anything and then they can change it and it can be anything again and again and again and that's great isn't it? Isn't it?

We get it!

Maybe Matthew's not at court at all. He's just sent his ganger to do jury sevice and is actually on a tropical beach this week...

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2011, 10:55 PM BST

We get it!

:) You do agree then Matthew?

Quote: Marc P @ June 6 2011, 10:57 PM BST

:) You do agree then Matthew?

That you don't like the show, yeah. You like the idea of it, and have liked it in the past, but you think they're doing it badly now. But a desperate hope keeps you going back for more. Like a beaten wife.

ALmost, there are certain imutable factors based in character.

Wonderful isn't it?

Not like the stuffy old way they used to write dramas.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2011, 10:59 PM BST

That you don't like the show, yeah, it's okay. You like the idea of it, and have liked it in the past, but you think they're doing it badly now, we all understand that. But a desperate hope keeps you going back for more. Like a beaten wife.

Read my posts and defend that statement. I love the show. Seriously. So there.

Quote: sootyj @ June 6 2011, 10:59 PM BST

Not like the stuffy old way they used to write dramas.

Talk us through it ;)

Quote: Marc P @ June 6 2011, 11:04 PM BST

Quote: Badge @ June 6 2011, 10:52 PM BST

Marc, a great many of the posts you've put up in this thread in the last seven weeks have been negative and critical. So me saying you like it, but you don't like the current incarnation, seems correct. I can only go on what you're posting, I can't read your mind! (Yet)

Talk us through it ;)

Ok a more conservative approach would be to ground it on earth, say the Midlands, then stop making him a single timelord give him a "practise" so to speak and give him some practical medical skills.

Then drop that annoyingly gnomic title and simply call it Doctors.

Where's that handbag picture, anyone?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2011, 11:08 PM BST

Marc, a great many of the posts you've put up in this thread in the last seven weeks have been negative and critical. So me saying you like it, but you don't like the current incarnation, seems correct. I can only go on what you're posting, I can't read your mind! (Yet)

No Matthew all your posts have been almost reverential, no criticism allowed. which as you know is a bit silly. Read back my postings over the seven weeks. study them and send them to Moff. I only mean to help!

Quote: sootyj @ June 6 2011, 11:10 PM BST

Ok a more conservative approach would be to ground it on earth, say the Midlands, then stop making him a single timelord give him a "practise" so to speak and give him some practical medical skills.

Then drop that annoyingly gnomic title and simply call it Doctors.

Laughing out loud

I do wish Dr Who would finally get the balls to eject the last of it's conventional structuring.