British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 757

Can some of you avid Dr Who fans help me?
As Gareth Keenan would say 'some questions'-

Was the timelord DNA in Melody Pond or in the replicant baby?

Are we supposed to know where this DNA comes from or is this an inference that the Dr and Amy were at it.

If it's Rory and Amy's baby what relationship is River Song to the Dr (from her first appearance in the David Tennant episode he is pretty close to her).

How come William Hartnell's Dr had a grand daughter and have they ever explained who is the son or daughter was?

As the replicant is an exact replicant both would contain Timelord DNA

The DNA came from the timeflux in the Tardis, bit like crabs from a dirty mattress

No relation, theoretically they may both be timelords

It's generally assumed he just called her granddaughter, e.g. she was aadopted or some such thing.

Next (half) season on Doctor Who: River Song/Melody Pond gives birth to Amy Pond whilst regenerating and f**ks the whole time continuum into a great big, swirly curly, timey wimey cocked hat.

Where was the...

"YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER!"

...line?

Missed an intertextual trick there, didn't he!

Quote: Marc P @ June 5 2011, 11:34 PM BST

:Why?

Must we justify everything on this thread?!?!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2011, 4:06 PM BST

Must we justify everything on this thread?!?!

:D

I quite like the name Melody. At least they didn't call her Brooke or Becky.

Quote: Tim Azure @ June 6 2011, 2:12 PM BST

Where was the...

"YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER!"

...line?

Or Riversong slamming the Tardis door and shouting

"I hate you!"

Ala Perry the teenager.

Quote: Marc P @ June 6 2011, 4:13 PM BST

:D
I quite like the name Melody. At least they didn't call her Brooke or Becky.

That would make her River River.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 5 2011, 7:01 PM BST

We know she killed someone, but that's it.

Could this, put together with the Doctor 'doing a Reggie Perrin' theory (from earlier in thread) be the reason River is in prison?

Wasn't she the little girl in the spacesuit? Or am I being thick? Errr

Quote: Die Hard @ June 6 2011, 7:17 PM BST

Wasn't she the little girl in the spacesuit? Or am I being thick? Errr

I assume she was, but we don't know who was actually in it when the Doctor was actually shot dead.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2011, 7:23 PM BST

I assume she was, but we don't know who was actually in it when the Doctor was actually shot dead.

So she COULD be in prison for 'killing' the Doctor, I'm not being thick! Cool :| Errr ...or she could just as easily not be. I'm going to have to just wait and see like everyone else aren't I?

Quote: Die Hard @ June 6 2011, 7:32 PM BST

So she COULD be in prison for 'killing' the Doctor, I'm not being thick! Cool :| Errr ...or she could just as easily not be. I'm going to have to just wait and see like everyone else aren't I?

You;re certainly being led to assume it's River killing him, which makes me think that it probably won't be her. That she actually kils someone else. Unless it's all a double bluff.

The introduction of The Flesh means you don't know who's who any more. Even if it looks and behaves like them it might not be them.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 6 2011, 7:35 PM BST

You;re certainly being led to assume it's River killing him, which makes me think that it probably won't be her. That she actually kils someone else. Unless it's all a double bluff.

Thinking about it, she did look quite shocked when she saw him killed. ...and if she was the one who killed him, she'd probably be less surprised about the whole thing... so yeah you're probably right there.

Good job I never set up that PI business, my hunches are a bit crap.

...unless she didn't looked shocked because she was a replicant! Thanks Badge.