British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 750

That was very enjoyable, but so fast all the detail has seeped out of my head door.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 4 2011, 7:41 PM BST

It was, it was fun, and dark in places; and the revelation that the baby had been swapped genuinly surprised me.

Zooo, I'd leave again if I were you, this won't be pretty.
:P

Laughing out loud

I only just realised (although it's fairly obvious) that Rory is a lot like the boy in Blink. Wonder if Moffat realised how great Sally Sparrow and he were together and tried to recreate them in Amy and Rory.

Melody Pond swapped for fleshy stuff in Doctor Who.
It's EastEnders all over again with another controversial BBC baby swap storyline. :)

This one sort of didn't feel like a Moffat ep in a lot of ways, it reminded me of the RTD years; seemed quite influenced by it.

Not sure why the Cybermen were in it.
They were nowhere to be seen after the teaser.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 4 2011, 7:51 PM BST

Yeah. Glad they only had seconds of screentime, though.

Anyway, here's my verdict (Scoff away, bitches) on this half of the series.

The Impossible Astronaut: 9/10
Day Of The Moon: 8
Curse Of The Black Spot: 4
The Doctor's Wife: 8
The Rebel Flesh: 7
The Almost People: 6
Good Man Goes To War: 7

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 4 2011, 7:41 PM BST

Also, you just know if RTD was still in charge, he'd now be looking into a spin off in Victorian England showing the adventures of the Silurian and her lesbian, sword wielding companion.

Actually Matthew I think that's a cracker. Certainly would be a whole lot better than most of the stuff that is the BBC's output at present. Could replace Outcasts.

Yeah enjoyed it but the River stuff was a bit too obvious. Like the doctor was one of the Monks.

But I'm with Mikey. What about the Cybermen?

Quote: KLRiley @ June 4 2011, 7:54 PM BST

Actually Matthew I think that's a cracker. Certainly would be a whole lot better than most of the stuff that is the BBC's output at present. Could replace Outcasts.

Hey, I didn't say it was a bad idea! :D

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2011, 7:46 PM BST

Laughing out loud

I only just realised (although it's fairly obvious) that Rory is a lot like the boy in Blink. Wonder if Moffat realised how great Sally Sparrow and he were together and tried to recreate them in Amy and Rory.

Actually Rory's a lot more with it than Laurence. And used his (admittedly longer) stint in Who to better effect. Faustus at the Globe for Rory. Halifax Radio ads for Laurence.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 4 2011, 7:55 PM BST

Hey, I didn't say it was a bad idea! :D

Get the Moff on the phone now and see if he can fit it in between Sherlock and Who! :)

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ June 4 2011, 7:51 PM BST

Didn't they tell them where Amy was... so therefore they didn't really need to do anything afterwards.

"oh she's there, you've just blown up our fleet, we'll come with you."

Doesn't really work does it?

Oh yeah, the girl who'd met The Doctor in the moss forests or whatever the f**k it was, did this happen in an episode, or was it one of his off screen adventures?

Oh, and some actual answers to some of the things Moffat had set up, which should at least please those that were worried every single thing was going to be strung out.

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2011, 8:04 PM BST

Oh yeah, the girl who'd met The Doctor in the moss forests or whatever the f**k it was, did this happen in an episode, or was it one of his off screen adventures?

We haven't seen it, but you never know with Moffat, it may turn up in an episode in the next half.

Did anyone else see the teaser at the end? With the skeleton holding the sonic?

Yeah, I liked the skellington.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ June 4 2011, 8:03 PM BST

Didn't they tell them where Amy was... so therefore they didn't really need to do anything afterwards.

"oh she's there, you've just blown up our fleet, we'll come with you."

Doesn't really work does it?

Hi dannyjb, we haven't met but nice to see you around the boards again.