British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 697

Bastards who go about life singing/humming/whistling tunelessly. There's a particular old shite who drives me mad in Morrison's with his tuneless and penetrating whistling. The staff have even challenged him about it. Today I really wanted to kill him.

whistling is the worst thing in the world

This old *ucker has the most penetrating whistle in the world. I feel like hiring a hitman to get the bastard.

That does sound bloody annoying!
Maybe he's deaf so can't hear how loud it is.

If you read about a mature woman massacring an old bastard in a Scottish Morrison's you'll know it's me and I hope you'll start a campaign for my release.

Quote: zooo @ June 3 2011, 8:25 PM BST

That does sound bloody annoying!
Maybe he's deaf so can't hear how loud it is.

He should know it's annoying, even if he is deaf, because the staff have spoken to him about it.

Quote: sootyj @ June 3 2011, 8:18 PM BST

whistling is the worst thing in the world

This

Quote: keewik @ June 3 2011, 8:33 PM BST

If you read about a mature woman massacring an old bastard in a Scottish Morrison's you'll know it's me and I hope you'll start a campaign for my release.

He should know it's annoying, even if he is deaf, because the staff have spoken to him about it.

And (Although the Scottish system is slightly different) I'm sure we could get you off culpable manslaughter or whatever they charge you with. Plead provocation. Whistling should be a capital offence.

The management jolly to San Francisco while 120 members of staff are losing their jobs.

What kind of arses are these people!

To go at this time of year anyway would be bad enough because it is mental trying to hit marking deadlines. I'm going to be spending a reasonable part of this weekend trying to finish off late submissions so that the marks can be put on the system before the formal meetings. But its just the sheer bloody tactlessness.

Quote: KLRiley @ June 3 2011, 8:37 PM BST

This And (Although the Scottish system is slightly different) I'm sure we could get you off culpable manslaughter or whatever they charge you with. Plead provocation. Whistling should be a capital offence.

Whistling's a dying art form. Not many can carry a tune nowadays.

A. L. Kennedy. Cannot stand the woman.

Quote: keewik @ June 3 2011, 8:15 PM BST

Bastards who go about life singing/humming/whistling tunelessly. There's a particular old shite who drives me mad in Morrison's with his tuneless and penetrating whistling. The staff have even challenged him about it. Today I really wanted to kill him.

This c**t at the place I used to work used to do the old tuneless whistle/warble thing. My boss told him off once as he used to wander through our office - for no reason apart from it being a shortcut - and make a din. The whistler then accused my boss of being a miserable bastard.

Quote: keewik @ June 3 2011, 11:35 PM BST

A. L. Kennedy. Cannot stand the woman.

Good to see our very own Ben playing guitar at the end though...

Quote: zooo @ June 4 2011, 12:12 AM BST

Good to see our very own Ben playing guitar at the end though...

I'm not sure who you're referring to, zooo, but can only assume it's another one of your personal insults.

Enjoyed the guitar player.