British Comedy Guide

The Apprentice - Series 7 Page 15

Quote: Marc P @ June 2 2011, 10:25 AM BST

I think he is more of a turd in the grass. Snakes are quite cool with their sinuous slithering and shiny scales.

Yes, snake is too good for him, a freshly deposited Hampstead Heath dandy turd

Poor Jim. I'm still not sure what he did wrong that has caused him to suddenly be the most hated man ever. I still like him.

It's his shifty eyes!

Quote: Marc P @ June 2 2011, 11:40 AM BST

It's his shifty eyes!

That's why I never liked Action Man.

Quote: 404 Not Found @ June 2 2011, 7:21 AM BST

Is it just me or does Vincent look exactly like Micky Pearce from Only Fools & Horses?

A female colleague said to me; "I suppose he's good looking in a Derek Zoolander kind of way."

I like Jim too, he's a bit intense and ambitious but seems like an up front bloke.

I thought the wrong decision was made about the winner, the only good thing about the cat food was type face on the packaging. The guy with the cats eyes pun was very pleased with himself but it was painful watching him trying to crow-bar it on the product.

Sugar and Nick were harsh about the dog food name and branding as a lot of dog owners are more pragmatic and functional about their pet's food, hence Chum and Pal. Gourmet pet meals are targeted at crazy old ladies with cats.

Quote: Marc P @ June 2 2011, 9:16 AM BST

Actually her indoors came up with a great name when I challenged smugly thinking I would do better. She came up with TOP CAT - and I came up with TOP DOG. I think I should go into something creative.

I would definitely buy Top Cat cat food!
Especially if it had the actual Top Cat on it.
That would be brilliant.

Quote: zooo @ June 2 2011, 1:44 PM BST

I would definitely buy Top Cat cat food!
Especially if it had the actual Top Cat on it.
That would be brilliant.

Yeah - I was proper miffed!

Quote: youngian @ June 2 2011, 1:41 PM BST

I thought the wrong decision was made about the winner, the only good thing about the cat food was type face on the packaging. The guy with the cats eyes pun was very pleased with himself but it was painful watching him trying to crow-bar it on the product.

I have to agree, how they won with 'see their light' as their tagline was nothing short of a miracle.

It's ampiappgate all over again :)

It's not the first time a team with an obviously shit concept and product has won. In fact it happened only a few weeks ago with that Ampi-Apps bollocks.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 2 2011, 2:38 PM BST

It's not the first time a team with an obviously shit concept and product has won. In fact it happened only a few weeks ago with that Ampi-Apps bollocks.

*edit* Duh, just re-read Gerry's post. I'm dim enough to head Glen's sub team!

Am I the only person in the entire world (apart from Glenn) who thought that "Cat size" was quite a good name?

I thought their product was tonnes better than "Every Dog (has it's day... apart from this one)", the packaging was top notch and they actually had a marketing concept, shame they let a bumbling, idiot do their pitch though ("I'm not going to write a pitch for 5 hours", no but writing it and then rehearsing it might've been a good idea you f**kwit!).

Quote: Tony Cowards @ June 2 2011, 2:51 PM BST

Am I the only person in the entire world (apart from Glenn) who thought that "Cat size" was quite a good name?

Yes.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ June 2 2011, 2:51 PM BST

There's three of us.. but the 'see their light' part was taking it a bit too far...how about CatSize - Pouches not Paunches? >_<

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 2 2011, 3:14 PM BST

There's three of us.. but the 'see their light' part was taking it a bit too far...how about CatSize - Pouches not Paunches? >_<

a bit............... splutters. :) Just out of interest do you see any diet cat food on supermarket shelves?

Quote: Marc P @ June 2 2011, 3:19 PM BST

Just out of interest do you see any diet cat food on supermarket shelves?

If there is it should be ignored,it's probably as bad as human diet food.

Apparently the Dog team team wanted to call their product Cat Thighs.