British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 125

Hi, yes we will have details of the scripts being shown on Monday, working on it as we speak, will hopefully have update later today.

Cheers, Declan

Brilliant. Cheers Declan

Quote: Daniel Flinter @ June 1 2011, 1:03 PM BST

Hi Simon and Declan, will you be posting a blurb about each of the sitcoms being performed like last year?

Sorry, it is my fault there is a delay on these. Here's details on this Monday's two sitcoms:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/sitcom/psyched/ https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/sitcom/eye_captain/

The big day! Good luck everyone. Rich.

yes...good luck everybody.

Rather gallingly I find I am now going to miss every single Sitcom Mission. I thought I could make the final, but instead I'll be working in Cardiff. So have fun everyone, and I look forward to reading the reports and seeing whatever makes in onto YouTube.

As a slight aside, I notice the line-up from one of the Mission dates:

Monday 4th July

Eye Captain, Psyched, In the Meantime, The Museum of Things

Improv: Fingers on Buzzards

Fingers On Buzzards was the name of the game show segment performed by the stand up comedian who used to alternate weeks with me as the compere of the Comedy Box in Bristol in the late 90s. And his name was..?*

Kev F

*I'll put you out of your misery, it was Marcus Brigstocke. He used to have a couple of cardboard buzzards as props. Doesn't seem to have harmed his career.

On Monday you can see:

Two sitcoms.

Gemma Whelan 'Funny Women' award-winner.

The Scat Pack improvise a musical before your very eyes.

Sara Pascoe (yes, she of 'Free Agents' and 'Campus').

Teak Show-Listed in the top comedy shows to see in Edinburgh in the Glasgow Evening Times

And the brilliant catch-her-while-you-can-afford-her Jessica Fostekew.

The sitcoms are:

In The Meantime-The year is 1498. The Spanish have discovered America, and now the English want to discover it too. Unfortunately, no-one in the fleet knows exactly where this new continent is. Step forward the ramshackle crew of HMS Lillyliver - England's most expendable ship! Sent from Deptford with strict instructions to either return with a cargo hold of baccy or not return at all it's going to be a long, long trip. Captained by an imbecile, sailing to the ends of the earth and bored out of their skulls, this is what happens to them In the Meantime...

And

The Museum Of Things-Welcome to the UK's worst small visitor attraction.

Will Buckingham is manager of the Brighton Museum of Things, a visitor attraction with no good attractions. He has an endless supply of ideas to turn around the museum's fortunes, and desperately wants to win the respect of his domineering father. Unfortunately, there are three big problems: misanthropic gift shop manager Rose, chronically lazy tour guide Jackson, and the manipulative wannabe lothario Marcus who runs Brighton Aquarium.

Can Will succeed? Or is he doomed to stay trapped in the museum forever?

We (Declan and Simon of the Sitcom Mission) will be there, the writers will be there. How about you?*

For tickets contact the New Diorama Theatre on 0207 383 9034

*On Monday someone from NBC was there.

Didn't you have sitcoms on Monday the 6th and if so, how did it go?

Yeah come on, we couldn't all make it, we want to know how it went and what we missed! Any video? Audio? (Didn't even follow it on Twitter, oops).

Kev F

The new form of Sitcom Mission took off on Monday, with varying degrees of success.

First off at the 5pm show was the excellent Jay Foreman with his wonderfully funny songs and brilliant guitar playing, followed by Cariad Lloyd as French free-running character Jacques Le Coque.

Sitcoms were Psyched by Richard Smith, directed by Jemma Gross and script edited by Kenneth Rock, followed by Eye Captain by Matthew Comras, directed by Emma Blundell and script edited by Marc Blake.

Same again at the 7.30pm show, with period piece improv from Austentacious after the sitcoms.

The two shows were MCed brilliantly by the fabulous Jessica Fostekew, who can do no wrong. I can't tell you who won, because we didn't have a voting system.

After the crowd went home, a few of us stayed to watch the utterly fabulous Jigsaw's Edinburgh preview, which was hysterically funny.

Thanks Dec,
That answers everyones questions!
It almost feels like we were there.

Ditto

Quote: bluer than blue @ June 9 2011, 10:51 PM BST

It almost feels like we were there.

... for the reading of the programme

;)

Dan

Hey Dan

What else did you want to know?

Cheers, Declan

Quote: Declan @ June 10 2011, 9:32 AM BST

Hey Dan

What else did you want to know?

Cheers, Declan

It started off well with varying degrees of success , started with excellent and brilliant Jay Foreman then ended utterly fabulous. The bit in the middle with the sitcoms doesn't get reviewed unless one draws the conclusion that might be hinted at. I guess he means that! :)