British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 740

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 28 2011, 4:07 PM BST

Well sure, but that's obviously going to be a worry with any show, having to hope it all makes sense in the end. Even great American shows with long arcs, like Battlestar and Lost, really kind of messed up to a degree in the end as they'd set up too much stuff they never had a clue how to end; so either ducked out of even trying, or went for something rubbish.

But they still handled the journey to the final episodes so much better. And how Lost or BSG developed their arcs was light years ahead of how Who has, with the Doctor looking anxiously at his Amy Pregnancy Monitor every sodding week!

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 4:12 PM BST

But they still handled the journey to the final episodes so much better. And how Lost or BSG developed their arcs was light years ahead of how Who has, with the Doctor looking anxiously at his Amy Pregnancy Monitor every sodding week!

Well yeah, that's what I said earlier. Moffat has dipped his toe in, but pulled back from fully committing due to the fact that Who has always been more of a stand alone story show, where as the more involved arc stuff he's brought since he took over should really be acting like a spine through even the stand alone eps. It should be more prominant and gradually developed. I bet he'd like to do that, but wary of altering what Who is too much; so instead you get these ho-hum reminders each ep as you wait for the next step forward.

"Would you like a jelly baby?" :D Ace.

This is fun, not sure if it's good but it's certainly fun and some clever ideas

Oh and one actor has a big season at the Globe coming up so will be leaving the show...

N.B. this episode is getting quite nasty, proper hide behind the sofa stuff.

(or at my advanced age piss on it).

Woah.

A lot of good running-around-in-corridors fun. I liked the Big Swallowy Mouth moment. Only gripe: the little annoying holographic twat.

What the hell??????

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 7:28 PM BST

A lot of good running-around-in-corridors fun. I liked the Big Swallowy Mouth moment. Only gripe: the little annoying holographic twat.

He did stuck out as a solitary imperfection

So when did Amy get swapped out? She was seeing Barber before she was kidnapped by the Silence, so we can probably rule that out.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 7:28 PM BST

This.

Good stuff.

Trailer looks dreadful

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00h74x2 <--Prequel to ep.7

Wootini!

Why did the Doctor kill Amy Ganger again? She was sentient and wasn't a danger.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 7:50 PM BST

Because Rory had done terrible things to her and if real Amy found out, there would be trouble,

Quote: Gavin @ May 28 2011, 7:53 PM BST

Because Rory had done terrible things to her and if real Amy found out, there would be trouble,

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 7:50 PM BST

True though.

'A good man'. River's coming back