British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 693

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 6:08 PM BST

Thats either dodgy and they're paying duty or one of Parliament's members bars

Do your members of Parliament were filthy coveralls and smell like piss?

This was in 2007, so prices have certainly gone up but this place was half the price of other London pubs.

You were probably in one of the Lords' bars.

Tips Rolling eyes

Quote: DaButt @ May 28 2011, 6:12 PM BST

Do your members of Parliament were filthy coveralls and smell like piss?

This was in 2007, so prices have certainly gone up but this place was half the price of other London pubs.

Have you seen the state of this country?

There used to be a pub near e in Dorset where it was a £1 double.

The publican took any holidays to France with his van

Angry That bloody ice-cream van playing 'green bloody sleeves' has just spoilt my siesta Grrr :(

Quote: dellas @ May 28 2011, 6:27 PM BST

Angry That bloody ice-cream van playing 'green bloody sleeves' has just spoilt my siesta Grrr :(

Ours plays Mexican stuff like "La Cucaracha." :(

Quote: sootyj @ May 28 2011, 5:55 PM BST

Beer's expensive in the whole of the UK

Just one more reason not to drink beer, which is pretty horrible. Mind you, even if it was a penny a pint I still wouldn't touch the yeasty muck.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 6:31 PM BST

Just one more reason not to drink beer, which is pretty horrible. Mind you, even if it was a penny a pint I still wouldn't touch the yeasty muck.

Quote: DaButt @ May 28 2011, 6:32 PM BST

Nevermind the liquid fungi that is beer, real men drink spirits.

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 6:38 PM BST

Nevermind the liquid fungi that is beer, real men drink spirits.

Which are also produced by yeast ...

Quote: DaButt @ May 28 2011, 6:45 PM BST

Which are also produced by yeast ...

Not as much.

and also expensive

2007? there was a brief fashion for videos of drunken tourists being gang abused in pubs

Quote: chipolata @ May 28 2011, 6:47 PM BST

Not as much.

The amount of yeast is dependent upon the amount of food available to it. Whisky, for example, begins life as a form of beer (malted grain, water and yeast) before it's distilled and aged.

Private Sponge.

Quote: DaButt @ May 28 2011, 4:53 PM BST

They should try cashiering in the United States, where they aren't allowed to sit and have to bag the customers' purchases.

Or doing my job.

Quote: DaButt @ May 28 2011, 5:00 PM BST

They'll also push the cart outside and load the groceries in your car if you'd like. They aren't allowed to accept tips, either.

Snap. Unimpressed

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 28 2011, 4:46 PM BST

I don't mind cashiers not smiling or being a bit moody, because they have a shit job and probably hate themselves.

But I do want them to acknowledge my existence. I absolutely hate it when they are having a full blown conversation with another colleague while serving me.

It makes me feel like I'm interfering with their fun.

This pisses me off. Someone has to do sales/be a cashier, or all you guys who couldn't possibly inflate your own balloons or figure out a self-service checkout would bitch even more. Sometimes it's so busy that you have to discuss things while you're putting items through, and this makes sense especially when the customers themselves are being moody. If I had a pound for every time I tried to chat to a customer politely and got rude or terse replies, I'd make a hell of a lot more money than I do now. My job's not shit, my pay is; and people thinking I should hate myself for doing a necessary job which they think they're above somehow makes it that little bit more difficult.