British Comedy Guide

The News getting upset about that gagging order Page 12

Well you don't knowwwwwwwwwwww that. Maybe she was just supremely thick and thought he'd leave his wife.
She was quite thick on BB as I remember...

How do we know it was her and not somebody else that found out and was threatening to make it public? Or maybe it just ended and he was scared she would?

We can speculate all we want about that, but the fact is the people who were hurt the most, were the people that HE loved and had made promises to.

Even if she did threaten to blackmail him (which she claims isn't true), going from her to his wife and children, looking them in the eye while lying to them every day and knowing that they were going to end up suffering because of what he was doing is far worse.

Quote: zooo @ May 26 2011, 10:54 PM BST

Well you don't knowwwwwwwwwwww that. Maybe she was just supremely thick and thought he'd leave his wife. She was quite thick on BB as I remember...

And she certainly didn't go on BB for money and fame!

Quote: JoLaw @ May 26 2011, 10:55 PM BST

Even if she did threaten to blackmail him (which she claims isn't true), going from her to his wife and children, looking them in the eye while lying to them every day and knowing that they were going to end up suffering because of what he was doing is far worse.

She's not wrong!

Quote: chipolata @ May 26 2011, 10:56 PM BST

And she certainly didn't go on BB for money and fame!

Giggs probably went into football for the pussy.

Quote: JoLaw @ May 26 2011, 10:55 PM BST

How do we know it was her and not somebody else that found out and was threatening to make it public? Or maybe it just ended and he was scared she would? We can speculate all we want about that, but the fact is the people who were hurt the most, were the people that HE loved and had made promises to. Even if she did threaten to blackmail him (which she claims isn't true), going from her to his wife and children, looking them in the eye while lying to them every day and knowing that they were going to end up suffering because of what he was doing is far worse.

It's not Top Trumps, where we try to figure out who earns the most git points.

Quote: zooo @ May 26 2011, 10:58 PM BST

No, he loves the game. Remember he opted for Wales.

Lots of people, particularly young girls, want money and fame. That doesn't mean they're prepared to go to any lengths to get it.

Part of wanting fame is wanting acceptance and people to like you, You'd have to be pretty thick to think that sleeping with a married man is going to do that.

I think she was stupid, naive and selfish. He, however, was cruel and a liar.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 26 2011, 11:00 PM BST

No, he loves the game. Remember he opted for Wales.

:D

Quote: JoLaw @ May 26 2011, 11:01 PM BST

Lots of people, particularly young girls, want money and fame. That doesn't mean they're prepared to go to any lengths to get it. Part of wanting fame is wanting acceptance and people to like you, You'd have to be pretty thick to think that sleeping with a married man is going to do that. I think she was stupid, naive and selfish. He, however, was cruel and a liar.

In a sense he's just doing what nature programmed him to do, while she was doing what Okay magazine and the Sun had programmed her to do. So she might well be the worster of the two.

Because women don't have sexual urges?

Quote: JoLaw @ May 26 2011, 11:01 PM BST

Lots of people, particularly young girls, want money and fame. That doesn't mean they're prepared to go to any lengths to get it.

Part of wanting fame is wanting acceptance and people to like you, You'd have to be pretty thick to think that sleeping with a married man is going to do that.

I think she was stupid, naive and selfish. He, however, was cruel and a liar.

At the risk of bringing huge amounts of approbation down on myself, some women do think that. Whether because they aren't the brightest. Or potentially they have been told fairy tales by a bloke who wants his cake and as many biscuits as he can manage. I've met a few. They don't get how many people could get hurt by their actions and if there are children involved, they seem to have an almost criminal disregard for them. But we don't know. We don't know whether the marriage could be a living nightmare. e don't know whether he is just a git and at the end of the day that's still not the point as far as I'm concerned. The point is that these orders shouldn't exist. There is no statutory basis for them and they are an abuse of process. The sooner Parliament legislates to sort out the whole injunction situation the better.

Quote: JoLaw @ May 26 2011, 11:13 PM BST

Because women don't have sexual urges?

Men are programmed to spread their seed far and wide.

Quote: zooo @ May 26 2011, 10:58 PM BST

That can't be right, I hate football.

Quote: chipolata @ May 26 2011, 11:12 PM BST

In a sense he's just doing what nature programmed him to do

Laughing out loud
I reeeeally hope you just said that to wind people up. Errr

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 26 2011, 11:30 PM BST

That can't be right, I hate football.

Then logically you must be a gay gentleman.

Quote: zooo @ May 26 2011, 11:33 PM BST

Then logically you must be a gay gentleman.

I've always thought it was the other way round - that blokes who liked football were gay.