British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,733

Quote: zooo @ May 25 2011, 9:51 PM BST

Woooooooooooooo!
Just as we suspected. You clever biscuit. :)

:D

This!

Quote: Rob H @ May 26 2011, 9:19 AM BST

And zooo, I will make it my mission today to call as many students 'a clever bicuit' as I can.

Laughing out loud Oh, and this!

:D Just returned from 3 day trip to Lake Garda with chum.

Relaxed and chilled with duty-free vino and ciggies!

On friday it was an amazing 33c !! Cool

Where the HELL is my electricity meter?

On reflection I suppose it wasn't the best idea to let the meter man into my house to look for it when I'm alone without checking his ID. But hey, this isn't The Bill.

He didn't murder me, woo!

There should be a small skin flap in the small of your back.

Ewww.

He was quite sweet and short and Chinese. If he'd looked dodgy, big and white I might not have let him in. I am such a racist.

zoo mine is in porch cupboard.

:( thanks for deflating my happy mood!

Quote: zooo @ May 26 2011, 12:53 PM BST

Ewww.

He was quite sweet and short and Chinese. If he's looked dodgy, big and white I might not have let him in. I am such a racist.

You ninny hammer he could have been Bruce Lee.

He might have showed you his one-inch punch.

Quote: dellas @ May 26 2011, 12:53 PM BST

zoo mine is in porch cupboard.

:( thanks for deflating my happy mood!

Do Electricity meters depress you Dellas?

Glad you enjoyed your holiday anyway

:) Thanks Steve <3

Nice to see you back Dellas amd I couldn't agree more with your sign off!

Can't find the original rant but proved today that revenge, even when it just a gentle upbraiding, is best done quietly and after due reflection. My colleague on a research project who has been MIA for the past week and a half finally communicated this morning. He arrived at my office looking ready to tear strips off me for being equally bolshie over the emails and then he saw the very large, and somewhat bloodied, bandage. All was instant contrition and any failings that he might have imagined I had (I don't have failings) were immediately forgotten. I didn't have to say a word. My timetable for the project has been adopted and guess who is now taking on the greater part of the background slog through the research sources but has agreed to my name going first on the report?

Sometimes I am so evil I scare myself.

Ha!
Well there has to be some upside to it.

He's young. He'll learn. And probably better he gets a lesson in basic courtesy to the elders from me than someone who really is a ruthless bastard and would have no scruples about terminating a very promising academic career.

Also very relieved that some Irish bloke - O'Bama? - has been making use of the local airport so it wasn't a slow newsweek and my escapades were very firmly buried in the depths of the local rag.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 26 2011, 4:26 PM BST

and my escapades were very firmly buried in the depths of the local rag.

Boooooo!

No, I'm not posting a link to the local paper so you can read in detail 'middle aged idiot falls off bike and bleeds a bit'.