British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,726

If you mean one provided by the building, I think mine were Chinese. If you mean a proper cleaner that you've hired to clean your kitchen - stop moaning you lucky bastard!

Think a minor miscalculation has occurred. I sent a brief note to the letters page of my local paper in the hope of passing on my thanks to the people who rather than run me over after I fell off my bike yesterday helped me up, called an ambulance and mopped up the blood. (There was a lot of blood. I found out why this morning.) Said paper phoned back to get the details and ensure I wasn't making it up. They asked a lot of questions and I have a nasty feeling it's a slow news week in this part of the world and my note might not appear on the letters page but slightly further up the publication.
Great. I didn't mean to tell the world in such a way as I can be identified.

Oops!

Oh well, at least it's slightly more life affirming news than you usually get in the paper.

As long as they don't have a picture of you smiling weakly from your hospital bed.

Darn right. I'm not going anywhere near a camera. But it was partly something I'd read on another forum about how rubbish people are and I don't think that. (Apart from any member of the current government). All I wanted to do was say actually there are some nice people out there and just because the papers are full of people being prats and pricks, real life isn't what's in the papers.
That is all.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 24 2011, 6:24 PM BST

Darn right. I'm not going anywhere near a camera.

Did you correctly configure all the privacy settings on your Facebook page?

Let you into a secret Kevin. That Riley on Facebook? Not me. Don't do Facebook. Never have. Never will. I'm too old. Well, older than Will Cam. :)

Quote: KLRiley @ May 24 2011, 6:29 PM BST

Let you into a secret Kevin. That Riley on Facebook? Not me. Don't do Facebook. Never have. Never will. I'm too old. Well, older than Will Cam. :)

You don't have to be young to FB. My parents both use it, and they're both almost 30.

Not my bag man.

Facebook has it's uses.

I'm waiting on Sooty's 'Clown Funeral' sketch I know he's busy writing.

you know nothing of my work!

Quote: KLRiley @ May 24 2011, 6:29 PM BST

Thank f**k that someone is older than me (apart from Old Rocker and Billwill!)

Rob has just agreed to spend about a zillion pounds on new double glazing for his house. He has, like, signed stuff and everything. The salesman was round the house for 2 and a half fecking hours too. (No, rob does not live in Buckingham Palace or a huge greenhouse.)

Quote: Rob H @ May 24 2011, 10:04 PM BST

Rob has just agreed to spend about a zillion pounds on new double glazing for his house. He has, like, signed stuff and everything. The salesman was round the house for 2 and a half fecking hours too. (No, rob does not live in Buckingham Palace or a huge greenhouse.)

Did he phone his manager who reluctantly agreed to let you have everything at below list price and his job was in danger when he got back and he's got a young family and a mother with dementia who needs care and he doesn't know how he's going to afford that if he loses his job due to the deal he's just backed his manger into a corner to agree to?

;)

Ellie is once again room hunting.

Fun times.