British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 732

Quote: Marc P @ May 24 2011, 9:34 AM BST

I don't think they'll die of a cold. I think some of the newcomers will survive and some of the old ones will die and they will all live happily together. I think it will all be a lovely metaphor for modern Britian. :)

You are such a pessimist.

Maybe the cold thing will just allow them to tell the character apart from his Ganger at some point.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 24 2011, 9:40 AM BST

Apart from the rubbish snake neck bit, the effects work seemed decent enough.

OK, 'some' of the effects were crap. The neck especially; but some of the exterior shots of the castle looked dodgy too, and there was a general 'naff' feel to things.

Quote: Marc P @ May 24 2011, 9:34 AM BST

I don't think they'll die of a cold. I think some of the newcomers will survive and some of the old ones will die and they will all live happily together. I think it will all be a lovely metaphor for modern Britian. :)

I think they'll all the clones will all form one glorious sentient puddle.

50p on it then :)

I think that whatever happens, there will be plenty of snarky comments posted. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Marc P @ May 24 2011, 9:51 AM BST

50p on it then :)

50p and my repuation as the BCG's Most Wisest Poster! ;)

Quote: chipolata @ May 24 2011, 9:54 AM BST

I'll raise you to a total of 51p.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 24 2011, 9:54 AM BST

I think that whatever happens, there will be plenty of snarky comments posted. Whistling nnocently

Yes, that is troublesome, Matthew. It's almost like Doctor Who the programme is sentient and us posting criticism of it hurts it in some way. Whistling nnocently

Quote: chipolata @ May 24 2011, 9:54 AM BST

It's a deal :)

No snarky comments from me. :O

Quote: chipolata @ May 24 2011, 9:56 AM BST

Yes, that is troublesome, Matthew. It's almost like Doctor Who the programme is sentient and us posting criticism of it hurts it in some way. Whistling nnocently

Okay. Great point. Errr

Quote: Marc P @ May 24 2011, 9:56 AM BST

No snarky comments from me. :O

Whistling nnocently ;)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 24 2011, 9:00 AM BST

I meant nothing of the sort, but I'm not in any way surprised to find out you took it that way. That was all in your head, not my words.

Well, I always assumed you thought the modern show was more sophisticated than the 'classic' one. Apologies if that isn't the case.

You certainly inferred that I may have enjoyed the episode because it resembled the classic serial more.

Quote: Badge @ May 23 2011, 11:50 PM BST

Like Griff, I did get a bit bored of it by the end, so it's a ho-hum okayish from me.

I said a similar thing. Although I enjoyed it while it was on, it doesn't survive in the mind very well - an implication that the pleasures were all in the writing and acting (and design) rather than the ideas behind the story.

I can't say I'm looking forward to another episode of it.

To be honest I can't see any possible way in which the season is going to end well if there are just two shows left. It seems like that the final Moffat one will be rammed with cleverness and unexplained events to keep us giggly till the second half of the season.

Perhaps the Doctor will die again? (Again again I mean).

I liked it because it was more like the old series.

Thinking about it, one of the reasons I really liked Ecclestone Who was it had a flawed Dr and emotional depth. Which neither old nor new generally seem to do.

Stuff like Dalek where you had a Dr who wasn't just crazed but actively sadistic and pretty much had to be slapped by his assisstant.

It seems on either side of that Who just doesn't have much emotional courage.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 24 2011, 10:09 AM BST

To be honest I can't see any possible way in which the season is going to end well if there are just two shows left. It seems like that the final Moffat one will be rammed with cleverness and unexplained events to keep us giggly till the second half of the season.

I read somewhere that they actually explain who River Song is, which I suppose could be the big mid-season cliffhanger.

B-o-r-i-n-g! I already know who riversong is.