British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 721

I like the Doctor's Northern impression.

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2011, 7:21 PM BST

I like the Doctor's Northern impression.

Me too.

Great episode, can't wait for more.

Ironically, Matt Smith has the unfinished face of a Ganger already.

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2011, 7:09 PM BST

Terrible CGI in the bathroom. Hope there's no more of that.

That effect was poor, all the rest were really good though.

I enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I was going to. It really helped being able to build at a steady pace, as opposed to rushing through if it was a one parter. Definitely better than Fear Her, anyway!

The Doctor was being tricksy too, which I liked. He was supposed to be going there, for his own purposes.

This was much more an Old-school Who ep.

It looked lovely once again, and was suitably creepy. Quite a nice moral dillema at the heart of it too.

We also now have something that can create realistic doubles; is this going to play a part in the Doctors 'death'??

Rory didn't die this week but there's always next week...

Initial thought was too simple for it to be the ganger Doctor that dies. Too obvious to set it up this soon.

Actually the initial thought was where's Gene Hunt and Ray Carling as I walked in late to see Chris Skelton melting in a bath of acid goo.

Also been over to the Guardian blog and they have a link to this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00gygrl

Its entitled analysis lessons which as the Graun tells us is an anagram of lonely assassins. And the Lonely Assassins are the Weeping Angels.

ithought it was a great simple eepisode

with rory getting to do loads of stuff and even jump on some one with a gun

bit old fashioned but aome very cleever ideeas

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2011, 7:09 PM BST

Terrible CGI in the bathroom. Hope there's no more of that.

Also unnecessary and confusing - escalating the gangers powers so early on, only for them to display no similar tricks in subsequent confrontations

Quote: KLRiley @ May 21 2011, 8:38 PM BST

Rory didn't die this week but there's always next week... Initial thought was too simple for it to be the ganger Doctor that dies. Too obvious to set it up this soon.

Doctor Clone will probably die next week. Sacrificing himself for others, most likely.

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 12:58 PM BST

I see he is to be fighting the Gangers next. Let's hope there are not two of them or the audience won't know who to root for! :)

Whistling nnocently

Where's the smug emoticon when you need it?

Best Ep thus far. Some quibbles but I'll not bait Matthew.... yet. Really enjoyed it.

Quote: Marc P @ May 21 2011, 10:34 PM BST

*Best Ep thus far. Some quibbles but I'll not bait Matthew.... yet. Really enjoyed it.

:D

Or at least give a balanced list of likes and dislikes???

A crazy idea, I know!

Quote: Marc P @ May 21 2011, 10:34 PM BST

Whistling nnocently Where's the smug emoticon when you need it? Best Ep thus far. Some quibbles but I'll not bait Matthew.... yet.

Let's give him a week off the endless rebutting!

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2011, 10:37 PM BST

Let's give him a week off the endless rebutting!

If you can take a week off from non-stop negativity?

Smile and have an ice cream?? ;)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 21 2011, 10:37 PM BST

:D

Or at least give a balanced list of likes and dislikes???

I am always balanced apart from sometimes late of an evening!

Liked pretty much everything, wasn't bi-three act structured over the two eps by the look which meant a bit of wheel spinning here and there, and Rory's story was again using him as a two dimensional construct for arc stories which meant giving him an unestablished and contrived emotional gravitas in this ep which worked against itself. But like I said great look, great story really. plus making Rory and Pond a couple means that the Doctor doesn't talk engagingly to one character in a dramatic way, he speaks to them both as a means of addressing the audience and this can sometimes come across as a clumsy expositional tactic that the writer is lumbered with because of a design fault. Wee bit BSG if we are honest - but hey talent borrows etc...

:)

Battlestar? Well, more a whole heap of little steals; including BG, Blade Runner, The Thing, etc.

This one, for me, wasn't up their with the opening two parter, or last weeks, but it was a whole heap better than the pirates one. It felt very much like a story from the original run.