British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 132

Essays. (Sorry Scats look away now!) Bloody awful, badly written, appallingly referenced, misspelt, in the first person, randomly capitalised final year undergraduate essays. However, its making me feel so much better about taking redundancy. The knowledge that I won't have to read this sh*t anymore is very liberating.

Quote: Griff @ May 19 2011, 5:03 PM BST

Just how long were you working for BBC Writersroom?

:D

Steve Martin - Born Standing Up

Have started Ian McEwan's 'Solar' but finding all the scientific stuff a bit hard going. The cover says 'Savagely funny' - have still to find this though I'm only on page 28.

It takes a little while to see where it's going but it gets very good.

Plough on through sir, plough on through.

Hey Sooty, what would you do if you took a wrong turn in your combine harvester and ended up turning into a shopping centre?

Quote: sootyj @ May 19 2011, 10:57 PM BST

Plough on through sir, plough on through.

Isn't that dangerous?

The Grand Design - Stephen Hawking & Leonard Mlodinow

Volume 12 of The Walking Dead.

I don't cut the crusts off my sandwiches

Quote: Vader @ May 20 2011, 12:27 AM BST

Isn't that dangerous?

Wimp

Quote: KLRiley @ May 19 2011, 3:05 PM BST

Essays. (Sorry Scats look away now!) Bloody awful, badly written, appallingly referenced, misspelt, in the first person, randomly capitalised final year undergraduate essays. However, its making me feel so much better about taking redundancy. The knowledge that I won't have to read this sh*t anymore is very liberating.

I am getting results on Tuesday. *scared*

Also, we're encouraged to use the first person!

I told you not to look Robyn!
Obviously you're marked by the criteria which are set and deemed relevant for your degree so don't get worried about my whinging regarding my students' lack of competence. We ask for third person as lawyers never have any original ideas so if they're going to be using other people's hard work they should write in the correct person. Sadly, they are not getting any better.

Ahhh. We get told "You are a critic as much as they are", essentially. And sorry..:$

Different approaches for different subjects.
Its not your fault that they are useless. ;)

I am so worried for results. I hope my tutors take pity on me!

You'll be fine!