British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,706

Quote: TopBanana @ May 16 2011, 10:37 PM BST

I'm wondering about Facebook and the whole 'poking' thing. I've never really understood it.

I have one friend/contact on there who pokes me at least 3 times a day. AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY.

What is the meaning of a Facebook 'poke'??

I'm not sure you're cut out for life in the modern world, TB.

Quote: keewik @ May 16 2011, 10:39 PM BST

I'd like to know that, too. A couple of people have 'poked' me and I don't know if it would be suggestive to poke them back or bad manners not to.

Simply respond as though you just got finger-banged.

+- :) I think it means please return post

Quote: David Bussell @ May 17 2011, 10:28 AM BST

Simply respond as though you just got finger-banged.

You might also have to explain to keewik what "finger-banged" means, David - not everyone is hip to your flashy London scene and its latest crazes.

My little niece's teacher told a classmate he'd 'been fingered' (as the perpetrator of a crime) and now my niece shouts YOU'VE BEEN FINGERED at him every time she sees him.

She doesn't know it's rude. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 17 2011, 10:34 AM BST

You might also have to explain to keewik what "finger-banged" means, David - not everyone is hip to your flashy London scene and its latest crazes.

*sigh*

As though you just took a downstairs Polish salute. I really can't put it any simpler than that.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ May 16 2011, 11:36 PM BST

I'm really anxious tonight and quite miserable.

Yeah so that's enough of that shit.

Are you feeling any better today?

Quote: zooo @ May 17 2011, 10:36 AM BST

My little niece's teacher told a classmate he'd 'been fingered' (as the perpetrator of a crime) and now my niece shouts YOU'VE BEEN FINGERED at him every time she sees him.

She doesn't know it's rude. :(

Well to her, of course, it isn't.

I'd send this charming little tale of childhood confusion to that 'Kids Say The Funniest Things' column in the Daily Mail - it could do with shaking-up a bit.

Quote: David Bussell @ May 17 2011, 10:41 AM BST

*sigh*

As though you just took a downstairs Polish salute. I really can't put it any simpler than that.

Spit and Polish?

Quote: Marc P @ May 17 2011, 10:49 AM BST

Spit and Polish?

Absolute filth.

Quote: David Bussell @ May 17 2011, 10:41 AM BST

*sigh*

Are we talking about a simple "visit to the Billingsgate fish market hand spa", or a "personalised fitting at the Hampstead Heath magical chocolate glove factory"?

Quote: David Bussell @ May 17 2011, 10:51 AM BST

Absolute filth.

:O

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 17 2011, 10:52 AM BST

Are we talking about a simple "visit to the Billingsgate fish market hand spa", or a "personalised fitting at the Hampstead Heath magical chocolate glove factory"?

More of a "guilty squat thrust in the cucumber patch".

Quote: Nat Wicks @ May 16 2011, 11:36 PM BST

I'm really anxious tonight and quite miserable.

Hope you are feeling better this morning. I was in a similar mindframe last night, the first time in a while (at least without proportionate cause). I am feeling more together today, but thankfully as I have swung a day at home, I do not have face the world.

These things always pass, but it is good therapy rather than brushing causes under the carpet and waiting for feelings to subside, to think about what is preying in your mind, what circumstances are beyond your control, what you brought on yourself, how much is really your responsibility, what positive action you can take to ensure you don't repeat the same errors, and, most importantly, what the funny side is and where you can laugh at yourself.

Everyone is f**ked up, a lot of people just seem not realise it. Being sensitive is what gives you your edge, makes you smarter and more perceptive, and gives you the capacity to realise how ludicrous you are - run with that, be kind to yourself and try to treat yourself with the same amused affection you display to others.

I suspect I may be writing this more for my benefit than yours, but hey, if it helps...

Quote: dellas @ May 17 2011, 10:33 AM BST

+- :) I think it means please return post

Ah- well, I've never mesaged them! :P

I've just poked a few bods on there.......and, they haven't messaged me. I'm queer like that.