British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 710

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 15 2011, 1:03 AM BST

I don't even watch the show! That's not the same as not liking it, Matthew. Not the same thing at all. And it'll be a sad, sad day for the BCG if members are only allowed to express opinions about things they have actually seen/read/heard/experienced/slept with.

Hold on a sec Tim!
Is this turning into a Catchphrase?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 15 2011, 1:57 AM BST

Hold on a sec Tim!
Is this turning into a Catchphrase?

Say what you see, Steve, say what you see.

:$ Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 15 2011, 12:57 AM BST

Why not? He can be quite impressive. And can does a Tardis, beyond people calling it a her, like people often do about their transport, really have a sex??

What is it that they shouldn't have 'told'?

Well she looked quite female to me, maybe that wasn't intentional Matthew but I somehow doubt it. And they should have showed why she 'chose' him.

Because he was the only Timelord crazy enough to take her across the stars.

The line was in there.

Trust Neil "freaking genius" Gaiman to ind the only conceivable person the Dr could be romantically attached to.

Ya boo sucks to all you old Who bores, everyone knows 1970s Tom Baker was wacking off over Sara Janes scanties in the Tardis laundry.

only complaint, some better Tardis sets please.

Quote: sootyj @ May 15 2011, 9:44 AM BST

Because he was the only Timelord crazy enough to take her across the stars.

Yes of course it's so obvious when you say it now Sootyj - and here was me thinking that was the whole point of a TARDIS!! :)

Better Tardis sets would be good, I thought we were going to get one yesterday.

The line was in there, matey it was there.

I understand the BBC are working on a show for people who miss obvious stuff.

"See hear and pay attention!"

I know the line was in there, that wasn't my point. :) Tardis's are designed to travel through all time and space - that is their function. It's like a car saying she chose the Doctor cos he would take her for a spin, or a ship cos he would take her for a sail or Pond cos he would take her for a ride! :) What was the other show that had sentient space creatures that became starships - or was that a book I read? A tricky question to answer I will grant you.

They're decided to anthropomorphisise the Tardis now!? Blimey, those Who people have obviously run out of ideas.

NB: It was my favourite ep of the new series as I said. But there is never any jeopardy now as we have [kind of] been told re RS that he lives on far into the future. This, and I hate to say it, all needs a reboot of some kind.

It's a pretty old trope Star Trek was full of them.

Quote: sootyj @ May 15 2011, 10:10 AM BST

It's a pretty old trope Star Trek was full of them.

Yes, but Star Trek was the most fantastic half-humanistic ideology, half-American delusional Cold War foreign policy - big old pile of bollocks. Always was.

Yeh good fun though.

KAHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 9:16 AM BST

Well she looked quite female to me, maybe that wasn't intentional Matthew but I somehow doubt it. And they should have showed why she 'chose' him.

The body wasn't the Tardis! The Tardis could just have easilly been ripped out by House and been put into the mans body, but that obviously wouldn't have worked as well for several obvious reasons.

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 10:07 AM BST

I know the line was in there, that wasn't my point. :) Tardis's are designed to travel through all time and space - that is their function. It's like a car saying she chose the Doctor cos he would take her for a spin, or a ship cos he would take her for a sail or Pond cos he would take her for a ride! :)

But the Time Lords didn't work like the Doctor, that's why he was a rebel, that's why he stole a Tardis and ran away, because they didn't go off travelling all day and getting into trouble. They sat and coldly observed, the Doctor wanted to travel all over the place and stick his nose into others troubles.

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 10:10 AM BST

NB: It was my favourite ep of the new series as I said. But there is never any jeopardy now as we have [kind of] been told re RS that he lives on far into the future. This, and I hate to say it, all needs a reboot of some kind.

It needs no reboot; and do we know for sure that who we saw die was the same Doctor we're now travelling with? And even if it is, there is never any real jeopardy for the character, only for those around, as no one can seriously be watching and wondering if the Doctor is going to die for good this week.

Not to nitpick, but....

"I exist in all of time and space simultaneously"

"I needed a Time Lord to go see the universe"