British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 709

Only 3 episodes left now. Just when previous series have started to gain momentum this one is going to bugger off for a few months.

Quote: Kenneth @ May 14 2011, 11:38 PM BST

I was going to post an old picture of Tom Baker with a cat, but then saw this:

Love it!

I think it's great that Moff has solved the conundrum, The Doctor can't roger the Pond so he can now roger the Tardis, what was he thinking for all this millennia. And goodness me not only does everybody in the Whoniverse fancy the doctor nowadays, including himself and RTD, so does the police box. Plus did not Rory die twice again in this episode. And were there not some really crow-barred in River Song references? I enjoyed this the most this series mind :)

Language Marc, you been on the sauce or something?? I think Godot has rubbed off on you. (Oo-err!)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 15 2011, 12:12 AM BST

Language Marc, you been on the sauce or something?? I think Godot has rubbed off on you. (Oo-err!)

Ten days off on Monday so yes :) I think it could have been a belter but I have two words to say to you Matthew and I look forward to your defence.

Spacey Wacey!

And on that point ladies and gentlemen of the jury... etc and etc.

No defence for the two words spacey wacey, but it's not as though they were important to the episode! It was the Doctor trying to explain something so Amy would understand, then giving up. I could do without hearing timey whimey or spacey wacey ever agin though.

The idea that both the Doctor and The Tardis think they stole the other is rather lovely.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 15 2011, 12:24 AM BST

The idea that both the Doctor and The Tardis think they stole the other is rather lovely.

Out of nowhere the Tardis is a sexy female who fancies the Doctor? Really? I mean really? Have you seen William Hartnell? Anybody can make any kind of nonsense up for a single ep if everything can be rebooted I guess.. but really!! As RST and the Moff would say Drama Whama. Very wibbly very wobbly.

Let's get to the point.

How f**kable was Idris? At least a billion times more than any of the other love interests the Doctor has had.

He's only had one other love interest hasn't he:?

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 12:31 AM BST

Out of nowhere the Tardis is a sexy female who fancies the Doctor? Really? I mean really? Have you seen William Hartnell? Anybody can make any kind of nonsense up for a single ep if everything can be rebooted I guess.. but really!! As RST and the Moff would say Drama Whama. Very wibbly very wobbly.

She didn't 'fancy' the Doctor, but she loved who he was, the desire to escape and explore. The Tardis' sentience was ripped from the tardis and dropped into this womans body, as opposed to the body being part of the Tardis.

The machines are sentient in a way, this has been hinted at for a long time, this explored that openly. I don't see what was nonsense about it, it's a lovely idea. It's the Doctors constant companion, the one who he'll never leave behind.

There's nothing here to dismiss and reboot, it fits and expands upon things that have been there in the series since the start.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 15 2011, 12:40 AM BST

She didn't 'fancy' the Doctor, but she loved who he was.

Why? Why does every female now love the Doctor automatically for who he is or was? The simple trick in drama is show don't tell, and it is simple, really it is.

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 12:46 AM BST

Why? Why does every female now love the Doctor automatically for who he is or was?

Why not? He can be quite impressive. And can does a Tardis, beyond people calling it a her, like people often do about their transport, really have a sex??

Quote: Marc P @ May 15 2011, 12:46 AM BST

The simple trick in drama is show don't tell, and it is simple, really it is.

What is it that they shouldn't have 'told'?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 15 2011, 12:56 AM BST

Why not? He can be quite impressive.

I'm quite impressed by David Mamet.

Doesn't necessarily follow that I want to f**k him.

OK, I do want to f**k him.

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 15 2011, 12:59 AM BST

I'm quite impressed by David Mamet.

Doesn't necessarily follow that I want to f**k him.

OK, I do want to f**k him.

You don't even like the show! Go bother someone else Walker!! :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 15 2011, 1:01 AM BST

You don't even like the show! Go bother someone else Walker!! :D

I don't even watch the show! That's not the same as not liking it, Matthew. Not the same thing at all. And it'll be a sad, sad day for the BCG if members are only allowed to express opinions about things they have actually seen/read/heard/experienced/slept with.