British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 707

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2011, 7:48 PM BST

Apparently there was ten minutes(!) of extra stuff shot; would be interested to see that.

Hopefully they'll put it back for the Torrent... um, DVD version.

Even you have to admit, Stott, that was a pretty gay bad guy. It's a voice. They could have a given the episode jeopardy with a malfunction or a blue swirly or something. No real need for such a pathetic antagonist.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 14 2011, 7:55 PM BST

Hopefully they'll put it back for the Torrent... um, DVD version.

Even you have to admit, Stott, that was a pretty gay bad guy. It's a voice. They could have a given the episode jeopardy with a malfunction or a blue swirly or something. No real need for such a pathetic antagonist.

I liked 'House', it didn't feel like it needed a physical monster for it to punch home; just the idea of it playing around with them inside the Tardis was enough for me.

Much better than the rubbish 'siren' from last week.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 14 2011, 7:55 PM BST

Even you have to admit, Stott, that was a pretty gay bad guy. It's a voice.

Martin Sheen apparently.

I was hoping they'd go back to a Seventies/Eighties console type room instead of Tennants one
Or that nice Mahogany one Tom Baker had the other day in the hand of fear serial.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 14 2011, 7:59 PM BST

I was hoping they'd go back to a Seventies/Eighties console type room instead of Tennants one
Or that nice Mahogany one Tom Baker had the other day in the hand of fear serial.

Money would be an issue, I imagine; that set still exists there so that will be the main reason they used it. Originally we were supposed to see lots of different Tardis rooms, but that had to be completely scaled back because of the price.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 14 2011, 7:57 PM BST

Martin Sheen apparently.

Seems unlikely.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 14 2011, 8:01 PM BST

Seems unlikely.

It was, not that you could tell, but apparently so.

He'd make a good Doctor.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 14 2011, 8:01 PM BST

Seems unlikely.

Quite right. I meant Michael Sheen.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 14 2011, 8:03 PM BST

Quite right. I meant Michael Sheen.

I completely missed that you'd put the wrong name. :D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2011, 7:24 PM BST

Yes, sorry for enjoying it, dreadfully bad form I know.

It's been up on last year for me, only one dissapointing episode out of four for me. Actually, it may have been, overall, even considering last weeks one, the strongest opening four eps since it returned. For me.

It isn't strong - don't talk shite. It's weak.

This episode managed to incorporate the worst elements of 'classic' Who - running down corridors - with the worst elements of Moffat brain-sodomy.

Add the Stupid camp dialogue - 'I've got mail!' - ridiculous fantasy elements - telepathy, the tardis 'soul' 'possessing' a woman, constant continuity references, and tardis gobbledegook - and you have one of the most viewer-alienating episodes that the BBC has put out.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 14 2011, 8:10 PM BST

It isn't strong - don't talk shite. It's weak.

I can like something you don't and everything will still be okay, nothing bad will happen.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 14 2011, 6:36 PM BST

7 minutes in and I am already spouting complete and utter gibberish.

Much better episode I thought, and Suranne Jones made quite a sexy TARDIS.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2011, 8:17 PM BST

I can like something you don't and everything will still be okay, nothing bad will happen.

Apart from Godot's inevitable aneurysm...

Seriously Stott, you've got to stop pretending that both sides of an argument are equally valid. You do this every week.

"I like it, you don't, and that's okay" is not okay.

One of you is wrong, and I will not be happy until either one of you backs down or murders the other.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 14 2011, 8:25 PM BST

One of you is wrong, and I will not be happy until either one of you backs down or murders the other.

Laughing out loud

*sits back to watch*

I just hope it doesn't get all confusing & schamltzy.

Stott:
Godot you were Brilliant, and you know what?

Godot:
No you weren't