British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 706

Thought the biggest point was in the first few minutes. What price the next doctor being female?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2011, 7:20 PM BST

Very funny in bits too: -We're dying. -I'm against it.

The dialogue was sparkier than for a while.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2011, 7:21 PM BST

but I've come to expect the negative reactions on here most episode.

true

I thought it was mediocre. This series has been disappointing so far.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 14 2011, 7:21 PM BST

It was a classic.

You are insane.

Yes, sorry for enjoying it, dreadfully bad form I know.

Quote: Badge @ May 14 2011, 7:23 PM BST

I thought it was mediocre. This series has been disappointing so far.

It's been up on last year for me, only one dissapointing episode out of four for me. Actually, it may have been, overall, even considering last weeks one, the strongest opening four eps since it returned. For me.

I really liked it.
I thought they pulled off an interesting idea very nicely.

Quote: Gavin @ May 14 2011, 7:22 PM BST

true

It really is! :D

I don't go into the heavy geek forums, as those places are horrible, but the other places I do look tend to be a lot more positive and enjoying the show more than the few people who tend to post on this thread!

Not that that means they're right elsewhere, just an observation. I bet on the proper heavy Who forums there are people attacking it so hard every week they make Godot look like a pretty little girl holding a sunflower.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2011, 7:26 PM BST

make Godot look like a pretty little girl holding a sunflower.

Now there's one for the wank bank.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2011, 7:26 PM BST

It really is! :D

I don't go into the heavy geek forums, as those places are horrible, but the other places I do look tend to be a lot more positive and enjoying the show more than the few people who tend to post on this thread!

Not that that means they're right elsewhere, just an observation. I bet on the proper heavy Who forums there are people attacking it so hard every week they make Godot look like a pretty little girl holding a sunflower.

I am agreeing with you.

People are entitled to opinions. But if they hate it so much week after week I'm sure they is something on itv for em.

I enjoy Smith (who's always good) and some of the fun lines, and I enjoy the show mostly. I was just looking forward to this more as it was Gaiman's, so was disappointed.

This series has been right up my street so far.
I'd rather have the darker more interesting sci fi time travel ideas Than have Cat People, Farting aliens or lot's of "Rose you are brilliant" "Donna you are amazing" "Martha apart from the acting you are incredible"

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 14 2011, 7:39 PM BST

"Martha apart from the acting you are incredible"

Laughing out loud

The episode could have used cutting the bad guy altogether.

The Amy-in-peril stuff was good enough, but it forced the Doctor's plot into too short a runtime to do justice to the idea.

Just like the Doctor's Daughter (which was bollocks), if you're going to introduce a massive concept like a f**kable Tardis, you'd better give the idea room to breath.

I haven't said any of this series' episodes are crap. The Christmas one, that was crap. And that Silurians two-parter last time.That was woeful. This series just hasn't shone for me so far. The first story was mangled by too much story arc business and the last two have been average.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 14 2011, 7:44 PM BST

The episode could have used cutting the bad guy altogether.

The Amy-in-peril stuff was good enough, but it forced the Doctor's plot into too short a runtime to do justice to the idea.

Apparently there was ten minutes(!) of extra stuff shot; would be interested to see that.