British Comedy Guide

The Apprentice - Series 7 Page 5

You'll pardon me for saying so, but anybody who downloads 'funny accent' apps or 'annoying noises' apps, even for gratis, is clearly some manner of complete c**t. I mean, do people really get exited about that kind of shit?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 12 2011, 10:06 AM BST

You'll pardon me for saying so, but anybody who downloads 'funny accent' apps or 'annoying noises' apps, even for gratis, is clearly some manner of complete c**t. I mean, do people really get exited about that kind of shit?

It must mainly be kids doing so, surely? I mean grown ups wouldn't do that, would they? Not proper ones.

I've never downloaded an app in my life.

Quote: Rob H @ May 12 2011, 10:16 AM BST

It must mainly be kids doing so, surely?

That's no excuse. I mean, it really isn't.

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2011, 10:18 AM BST

I've never downloaded an app in my life.

That's because you're great. And not even remotely a c**t.

I downloaded an app that said it would cheer you up no matter what. I was severely depressed, so sarcastically downloaded it, and it's a high pitched voice that says 'yay!'.

It cheered me up.

Mind you, I am a c**t.

Quote: Rob H @ May 11 2011, 9:23 PM BST

When he made the app-le joke it was like he actually was Bussell.

I'm going to assume the joke was legendary.

It was something like

"buy this app it's APP_solutely brilliant!"

Followed by a grin like he'd just been surprise fellated.

Quote: JoLaw @ May 12 2011, 10:25 AM BST

I downloaded an app that said it would cheer you up no matter what. I was severely depressed, so sarcastically downloaded it, and it's a high pitched voice that says 'yay!'.

It cheered me up.

Mind you, I am a c**t.

Me too. Pleased to me you. I bet you I'm a much bigger c**t than you are. Just ask around.

Quote: Rob H @ May 11 2011, 9:23 PM BST

When he made the app-le joke it was like he actually was Bussell.

I was surprised one of the other knobbers didn't follow up with ' that was APPalling'.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 12 2011, 11:32 AM BST

Me too. Pleased to me you. I bet you I'm a much bigger c**t than you are. Just ask around.

C**t wars? I'm not sure how that would go, but I'm up for it.

I think they missed a trick with those apps. Should've done an Apprentice themed one, filled with the bullshit phrases they come out with. "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." etc.

What always suprises me about this show - or more accurately, the contestants, is the absolute 'no blame' culture.

We see them screw up, Sugar see's then screw up but it's always without exception 'It wasn't my fault'.

ie; 'You chose the App' 'but everyone agreed it was a good app' etc.

I wouldn't want an employee that I knew lied and passed the buck. How could you trust them.

Man up and own up.

'Yes I thought it was a brilliant idea but in retrospect I can see it wasn't and I f**ked up Lord God'

If they have any talent at all, they might get it right next time. If they don't it will become obvious.

Quote: JoLaw @ May 12 2011, 11:41 AM BST

I think they missed a trick with those apps. Should've done an Apprentice themed one, filled with the bullshit phrases they come out with. "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." etc.

I was thinking a similar thing last night. Will you marry me?

(Lucas c**tometer score 1 JoLaw 0)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ May 12 2011, 11:45 AM BST

What always suprises me about this show - or more accurately, the contestants, is the absolute 'no blame' culture.

We see them screw up, Sugar see's then screw up but it's always without exception 'It wasn't my fault'.

ie; 'You chose the App' 'but everyone agreed it was a good app' etc.

I wouldn't want an employee that I knew lied and passed the buck. How could you trust them.

Man up and own up.

'Yes I thought it was a brilliant idea but in retrospect I can see it wasn't and I f**ked up Lord God'

If they have any talent at all, they might get it right next time. If they don't it will become obvious.

People have used this approach in the past and it's backfired on them spectacularly i.e. they've been praised by Sir Alan for their honesty but then been sacked anyway.

It's unfortunate but, especially in the early rounds, the format of "The Apprentice" rewards extravagent braggarts who are capable of backstabbing, arse covering and double dealing, still, that's what makes it such good telly.

On refelction, I agree Tony. I f**ked up in my last post.

I'm sorry you're a Goodlad, but there's no place for Steady Eddies or Goodlads in my shitty little company.

There was a completely different bloke called Alan Sugar on BBC2 Sunday night investigating greed and big cash in the Premier League in which players, agents and club owners were taken to task.

Everybody was to blame for their excessive free market money grabbing, which this humble former Sky satellite-dish salesman of course had no part in creating.