British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 20

I'm not quite sure it works like that, and am actually slightly offended by such a sweeping judgement, but you're entitled to your own opinion so.

Sounds feisty

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 8 2011, 5:28 PM BST

am actually slightly offended by such a sweeping judgement,

I posted before you edited your comment; I was not being judgemental, quite the reverse really.

No, no, it's fine. I didn't do exactly the same. I just only decided once and for all to get rid of previous bf (who was a bit of a dick to me in fairness) once I decided that I really had to tell Elliot I 'liked' him, even if he was as gay as I suspected (totally true). I just don't think it's fair to make comments that seem, to me anyway, the equivalent of "Oh women! What whores!". Not quite so strongly, but that feels like the jist.

I've only ever had one overlapping relationship, and I wasn't even unhappy in the first one. It was just unfortunate timing that I met someone I cared about even more. As soon as I knew what the implications were, I ended to first relationship. All the others have been clean breaks. I don't know any women (apart from one aunty, but she's of quetionable morals) who act like Tim is suggesting.

Tim's a male chauvinist pig.

BURN HIM!

Quote: Timbo @ May 8 2011, 4:45 PM BST

Perhaps I am generalising

Just a tad.

No he's not- he's just had some negative experiences or known others who have, and has made a snap judgement.

Generalising? Snap judgements? On the internet? :O

Not quite the jist; and not necessarily misogynistic. Men exhibit the same behaviour, but perhaps less strongly. It is much less frightening to jump if you have someone to catch you.

Aren't all relationships ultimately doomed anyway? f**k it I like my house the way it is and not having to talk to anyone when I go home. It's bliss!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ May 8 2011, 5:59 PM BST

No he's not- he's just had some negative experiences or known others who have, and has made a snap judgement.

Generalising, then! :)

Quote: Gavin @ May 8 2011, 6:05 PM BST

Aren't all relationships ultimately doomed anyway? f**k it I like my house the way it is and not having to talk to anyone when I go home. It's bliss!

That's what suicide pacts are for.

Quote: zooo @ May 8 2011, 6:07 PM BST

Generalising, then! :)

That was at Sooty, not you! Phone surfing isnt ideal.

Hooray at not being ignored!