British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 676

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 30 2011, 6:57 PM BST

Indeed; but is she Amy's daughter at all? And if so, perhaps she's not really her own, if you know what I mean. She could have been implanted in Amy.

I think so, but yes, certainly implanted somehow. But are they saying they 'milked' The Doctor? Errr

An enjoyable romp though.

Quote: chipolata @ April 30 2011, 7:00 PM BST

And how did they discover The Silence again? Only they hadn't at the end of last week.

It showed you them all seeing The Silence in a flashback to the end location from last weeks episode. But obviously it did then jump forward, meaning you had to assume a lot, rather than see it.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 30 2011, 7:04 PM BST

I think so, but yes, certainly implanted somehow.

It was interesting that you saw The Doctor scan her at the end, and the result was fliping back and forth, so she was pregnant/wasn't/was/wasn't. So something odd going on.

Didn't seem to hang together as satisfyingly as last weeks; not that it didn't make sense, but it didn't feel like it flowed properly.

I'd agree with this. I think they tried to cram too much stuff in.

They could have done more with the Silence's powers and various defences against them, I reckon. There was the basis of a cool Blink-style standalone episode in here somewhere.

Quote: Gavin @ April 30 2011, 7:04 PM BST

But running that logic is an oxymoron we're talking about time travelling so suspension of believe is required a little bit.

There's suspension of disbelief and there's disabling your entire brain.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 30 2011, 7:06 PM BST

It was interesting that you saw The Doctor scan her at the end, and the result was fliping back and forth, so she was pregnant/wasn't/was/wasn't. So something odd going on.

Pond has a bad case of Schrodinger's Pussy?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 30 2011, 7:07 PM BST

>_< :D

Good work from Rory this week too; he's slowly changing into a more interesting, rounded character.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 30 2011, 7:04 PM BST

Do we know it was the first one? They're obvioulsy not got the time to show them them going to every one!

Then stick a line in to that effect: "I'm f**king sick of visiting orphanages!"

No ones patted me on the back yet for pointing out a few faults instead of just saying it was great. Teary

Oh, the River diving into the tardis pool rescue; did that get a laugh or a roll of the eyes? So silly I groaned but laughed at the same time.

Looks like next weeks is a stand alone adventure; the look of it is lovely. The direction and look of the show really has leapt up.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 30 2011, 7:06 PM BST

Maybe the baby's part Silence? Scan it and it's there, give the result (not look) and it's not.

I waved the white flag with all the captions telling us when things were occurring. Did we end up six months after the Silence were defeated or was it six months after the start of the whole thing?

Felt completely unresolved. Why if the Silence have been here all this time and they had prodded humans along has the Doctor never run into them previously? That niggles.

However, can I bowl a wild card into the identity of the little girl please? It has been beautifully set up for it to be Amy's daughter so applying my usual 'that's far too obvious for the Moff' approach, what if she isn't? What if this a loose plot end from a couple of series back and it's Jenny?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 30 2011, 7:12 PM BST

No ones patted me on the back yet for pointing out a few faults instead of just saying it was great. Teary

Oh, the River diving into the tardis pool rescue; did that get a laugh or a roll of the eyes? So silly I groaned but laughed at the same time.

Yes, well done for being reasonable.

That was awful.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 30 2011, 7:15 PM BST

Yes, well done for being reasonable.

:D
Hope others can do that too! It's just as tiresome to read an endless list of complaints as it is positives.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 30 2011, 7:07 PM BST

Laughing out loud

That was a nice little end scene, with the unexpected regeneration. Didn't seem to hang together as satisfyingly as last weeks; not that it didn't make sense, but it didn't feel like it flowed properly. Some great standout bits though, such as the whole childrens home sequence. And it really was bold and confident; Amy much better this year so far, performance-wise. I think it needed to be a bit longer, it was really too stuffed to sort through everything properly!

:) Wave Can't find the pat on the head emoticon and Riley Major is out as no teenage techie to make one for me.

Quote: chipolata @ April 30 2011, 6:31 PM BST

Oh dear. Watchable but an incoherent mess in terms of storytelling.

Agree, its not grabbing me like it used to, and I kind of preferred Christopher Eccleston/or Tennant in the role along with Billie Piper...in other words I think they have lost me all in all :|

I also don't care who the girl is. At least The Big Crack last year intrigued me, but a little girl? Meh. Moffat's visited the Odd Child well a few times too many.