British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 666

Quote: Marc P @ April 26 2011, 3:09 PM BST

Yes.

ow does she know she is heading to her death though? I can't remember that bit?

I don't think she does, does she..?

I remember her saying she doesn't fear her own death, as a worse day is coming, but I'm not certain she knows when her own actual death is going to happen. Unless anyone remembers anything..?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 26 2011, 3:07 PM BST

Well exactly, so as she reaches the oldest she will ever get, at a point where she has met the Doctor many, many times and has experienced all sorts of adventures with him, she meets a Doctor who doesn't even know who she is.

Or perhaps he just pretends that he doesn't know her in the Library one.

Sorry, that's not very helpful, is it.

Quote: Marc P @ April 26 2011, 3:09 PM BST

Yes.

ow does she know she is heading to her death though? I can't remember that bit?

Unclear. She knows enough to have the sonic with her, which has been adapted by then. And her last word is the blasted 'spoilers.' But I'm not 100% convinced that she does realise this will be the last time until she discovers that he has absolutely no idea who she is.

If nothing else, and even if you think it's basically all guff from Moffat, we were less likely to have a long chat like this in the days of RTD!

*Waits for someone to post 'Thank Christ'*
:D

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 26 2011, 3:15 PM BST

If nothing else, and even if you think it's basically all guff from Moffat, we were less likely to have a long chat like this in the days of RTD!

*Waits for someone to post 'Thank Christ'*
:D

Close. My response is that RTD pretty much always went for DEM in fairly short order so it tended to preclude too much chat.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 26 2011, 3:18 PM BST

Close. My response is that RTD pretty much always went for DEM in fairly short order so it tended to preclude too much chat.

True.

Apparently, rather than completely round up the story, part two is supposed to leave lots unanswered to set up the series long story. I can see now this is going to piss some off!

Part one of the series or is going to drag on across the summer to part two? Now, that would be annoying. Possibly even more than the prospect of James Corden being back.

:)

Never mind. We can take our minds of the suspense with the next run of Torchwood.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 26 2011, 3:25 PM BST

Part one of the series or is going to drag on across the summer to part two?

Yeah, it's all one connected series, just with a break in the middle. So there's supposed to be some cliffhanger at the end of the first half.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 26 2011, 3:28 PM BST

Never mind. We can take our minds of the suspense with the next run of Torchwood.

Another BBC America production.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 26 2011, 3:28 PM BST

And I'm sure Newsjack series 78 will be running by then too.

Quote: chipolata @ April 26 2011, 3:37 PM BST

And I'm sure Newsjack series 78 will be running by then too.

Talk to the hand.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 26 2011, 3:35 PM BST

Yeah, it's all one connected series, just with a break in the middle. So there's supposed to be some cliffhanger at the end of the first half.

Does it involve Amy and Rory getting f**ked to death by some Cybermen?

Do we know for sure that River isn't the Doctor?

Which brings me to my next point, I think the next Dr Who will be female.