British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 665

Soory Marc but I was thinking as the first gay Dr.

Dr You Who

I'd rather see Dr Ho.

Quote: sootyj @ April 26 2011, 1:38 PM BST

Soory Marc but I was thinking as the first gay Dr.

What apart from Tennant?

:)

Neil Tennant?

As ever Sunshine has beaten me to best pun.

Quote: chipolata @ April 26 2011, 1:42 PM BST

I'd rather see Dr Ho.

The Vietnamese TimjeLord

So let me get this straight, if we first met River when she died, and her timeline is moving in the opposite direction to the Doctors, then each subsequent time we meet her she's getting younger? So she has yet to experience or live through all the things we've so far seen her live through?

Yep, assuming that the chronology is entirely sequential, which I am not clear on; but his last meeting will be her first, and his first her last, in the Library.

She has lived through them but pops back earlier now and again. As you do. If she is not a timelord then she is not in danger of meeting her earlier self. If it is before she is born, one guesses. She doesn't tell the Doctor because of the spoilers business. But why she is popping backwards each time doesn't actually make sense because she isn't, she is moving on linearly from when she first met Tennant etc.

Quote: Marc P @ April 26 2011, 2:58 PM BST

She has lived through them but pops back earlier now and again. As you do. If she is not a timelord then she is not in danger of meeting her earlier self. If it is before she is born, one guesses. She doesn't tell the Doctor because of the spoilers business. But why she is popping backwards each time doesn't actually make sense because she isn't, she is moving on linearly from when she first met Tennant etc.

I don't think she's moving backwards in time the whole time. She doesn't have to move forward or backwards in time to experience a Doctor who is younger or knows her less, because obviously he himself is always moving around in time.

If you are lokking it in terms of a sequential time, give or take any time travel that she herself might do, it is the Doctor who is popping backwards. He keeps on entering her timeline at earlier points.

EDIT: or put more simply, I agree with Matthew.

Quote: chipolata @ April 26 2011, 2:51 PM BST

So let me get this straight, if we first met River when she died, and her timeline is moving in the opposite direction to the Doctors, then each subsequent time we meet her she's getting younger? So she has yet to experience or live through all the things we've so far seen her live through?

Not sure of the exact timeline, as we are experiencing the Doctors timeline as opposed to hers. We're going chronologically with the Doctor, not River. It's more likely to be a jumble, but with a general trend for River in her own timeline that as she gets older and meets him more, he seems to know less about her.

Well to be fair I don't suppose her death is really earlier in her timeline?

It's certainly a thinker.

Quote: Marc P @ April 26 2011, 3:05 PM BST

Well to be fair I don't suppose her death is really earlier in her timeline?

Well exactly, so as she reaches the oldest she will ever get, at a point where she has met the Doctor many, many times and has experienced all sorts of adventures with him, she meets a Doctor who doesn't even know who she is.

Yes.

ow does she know she is heading to her death though? I can't remember that bit?