British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 654

It's Neil Armstrong.

Maybe it's the FBI bloke, which is why the older version says it's most definitely The Doctor when Amy is trying to say maybe it's an imposter, or clone.

The astronaut is that two-headed donkey that Ali G's mate Dave says lives on the moon.

I thought maybe it'd be a future President or something, because of the road names; or yeah it could be someone who would later be a proper astronaut.

Is it being repeated again before next Saturdays. I wouldn't mind watching it again.

Quote: Marc P @ April 25 2011, 1:43 PM BST

Is it being repeated again before next Saturdays. I wouldn't mind watching it again.

There is this new fangled thing called iPlayer which means that you can watch it as many times as you wish before next Saturday. You can even pause it and rewind it, unlike the commercial ones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010tb7q/Doctor_Who_Series_6_The_Impossible_Astronaut/

The link won't run if you haven't uploaded iPlayer to the computer and there are both mac and pc versions. (Sorry if you know this)

I think they burnt it in the town square in Norfolk, along with the Godless heretic who claimed there were 5 channels.

Quote: Marc P @ April 25 2011, 1:43 PM BST

They repeat all the episodes on Fridays at 7pm on BBC3.

Going back to Griff's post ages ago about the writers chosen for this series; it is strange how some of the writers to have produced a few of the very best stories of new Who have never written for the show since; where as a few writers who have produced more mediocre episodes in general have been given several goes. I'm thinking specifically of writers like Paul Cornell, who wrote Fathers Day and the Human Nature/Family of Blood (Scarecrows)two parter and nothing since. And what about matt Jones, responsble for another very good two parter, the Satan Pit ones. And then, from way back in the first series, Robert Shearman and his terrific re-introduction of the Dalek's in, well, Dalek.

Just seems odd they've not been back. I know RTD re-wrote peoples stuff a lot, even though his name wouldn't appear as a writer; could that be why they haven't been back? Their scripts needed too much work compared to others?

I for one would like to see another story from them.

Just seems odd that they've never written for the show again; they're three of my favourite modern Who stories; I like Human Nature in particular.

Quote: chipolata @ April 25 2011, 5:07 PM BST

They repeat all the episodes on Fridays at 7pm on BBC3.

Cheers Chip, I don't have a computer so I can't watch it on iPlayer

The semaphre seems to be working nicely

These Doctor Who storylines are getting way too convoluted IMO. I struggled to keep up with this latest story so Christ knows what the kids are thinking is going on.

More monsters and action please, writers. The ins and outs of time travel and temporal paradoxes etc is bloody boring and way too confusing for the young 'uns.

Quote: Lee Henman @ April 25 2011, 8:33 PM BST

I struggled to keep up with this latest story

I've read a few reviews that said this, sort of baffles me, it didn't seem hard to keep track of to me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 25 2011, 8:36 PM BST

I've read a few reviews that said this, sort of baffles me, it didn't seem hard to keep track of to me.

I have a VERY short attention span and there just wasn't enough happening to make me want to pay real attention to what what was going on. I hate it when the writers feel the need to weave complex storylines like that. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. My 9-year old walked out halfway through saying "boring!" and that's not like him, he normally loves the show. Doctor Who isn't a f**king Poirot mystery, it's a kids telly show.

I was also thinking that it would confuse kids.