British Comedy Guide

Mentor/writing partner needed, Scottish preferred. Page 3

Just base a character on Marc P - that should mix things up a bit!

Mind you, if some characters are irredeemable, I'd have thought there'd be plenty of conflict...

As for making them too nice, you don't want them to be too one dimensional, as a rule I'd say.

Quote: Tracy @ April 21 2011, 11:28 PM BST

I think that some characters are unredeemable, I write them that way, then start to feel sorry for them and try to save them.

I plot well, then sometimes the characters start to carry the plot too far, when it should actually be story driven. I think that on stage people want to hear what's happening, but on screen people want to see things happening. Conflict drives a story and I think I lack that at times.

Unimpressed Tracy mix characters, some funny some aggressive? I should speak not yet offered more than a couple of 'critiqes' please carry on! :)

Quote: Vader @ April 22 2011, 1:14 AM BST

Just base a character on Marc P - that should mix things up a bit!

Bruce Willis with a pen.

;) Just a pen?...

Quote: Marc P @ April 22 2011, 8:15 AM BST

Bruce Willis with a pen.

Shudders at vision of Marc in a torn and tattered white vest, bare and bloodied feet staring at a computer and muttering 'Yippy Kay Ay M************'

Quote: dellas @ April 22 2011, 8:28 AM BST

;) Just a pen?...

Just remember dellas the penis mightier than the sword!

Quote: KLRiley @ April 22 2011, 8:32 AM BST

Shudders at vision of Marc in a torn and tattered white vest, bare and bloodied feet staring at a computer and muttering 'Yippy Kay Ay M************'

It's good to have a working regime! :D

;) I remember those days! however so many guys use 'software' to express themselves, I wonder if they update their 'hard drives'.

Indeed, can't remember the last 'poke' I had on Facebook, good hard intercourse is missing in todays society.

Perhaps things are better up north, guys are harder?

Tracy can you expand on this please?

Quote: dellas @ April 22 2011, 11:42 AM BST

;) I remember those days! however so many guys use 'software' to express themselves, I wonder if they update their 'hard drives'.

Indeed, can't remember the last 'poke' I had on Facebook, good hard intercourse is missing in todays society.

Perhaps things are better up north, guys are harder?

Tracy can you expand on this please?

Sorry I'm a Lutonian, we still turn people upside down and dangle them to check their gender.

:P Wonderful , I can't image person handling my bloke! think you understand me a wee bit! Welcome here!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ April 20 2011, 10:05 PM BST

A nice way to treat a newcomer!

Smart arse replies to show us all how witty you are.

Have you changed your hair Stephen?