British Comedy Guide

Mentor/writing partner needed, Scottish preferred.

I have an outline for an idea for a sitcom, or perhaps a film, set in Scotland.
I'm an untried writer. I am in my late 40's and menopausal. So if you would be interested in attempting to write something with me good luck and contact me.

Thanks.

Compatability requirements.
Should like/love the following:
Father Ted. Dad's Army. Just shoot me. Northern exposure. Grand Designs. Bill Hicks. Chris Rock. Frasier.

Hate/despise/loathe
Michael McIntyre. Ricky Gervais. Anything by the Spaced bloke and his kind. Monty F**king Python.

Again. Thank you.

Worst. Singles Add. Ever.

Quote: Tracy @ April 19 2011, 5:18 PM BST

I'm an untried writer. I am in my late 40's and menopausal. So if you would be interested in attempting to write something with me good luck and contact me.

Thanks.

Are you Scots or do you just want to appear on STV?

Quote: Tracy @ April 19 2011, 5:18 PM BST

I'm an untried writer. I am in my late 40's and menopausal.

Too much information. Teary

Quote: Baumski @ April 20 2011, 11:50 AM BST

Too much information.

Whenever I'm visiting an English heritage town, I always like to pop my head into the Tourist Information Office, shout this at the staff, then run away.

Errr

I'm easily pleased.

TMI is an anagram of Tim...

What is this an anagram of; skcollob?

Still waiting for a response. This site was recommended to me from chortle. Must be someone out there at a loss in their life? Thought I'd throw the menopause thing in there to sort the men from the boys.

Sorry Tracey, just us manboy sassenachs here.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 20 2011, 3:33 PM BST

Sorry Tracey, just us manboy sassenachs here.

Get you bigging yourself up Lucas. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Tracy @ April 20 2011, 3:26 PM BST

What is this an anagram of; skcollob?

I think Stephen Fry has it as Sloblock 'as in a load of old sloblock' .. meaning not valued highly.

Quote: Rob H @ April 20 2011, 3:34 PM BST

Get you bigging yourself up Lucas. Whistling nnocently

Hark at you, using 'street' language. Rolling eyes

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 20 2011, 3:35 PM BST

Hark at you, using 'street' language. Rolling eyes

You know how down with the kids I am John. Providing they're lower middle class kids, that is, and not the kind who carry knives.

Quote: Rob H @ April 20 2011, 3:39 PM BST

You know how down with the kids I am John. Providing they're lower middle class kids, that is, and not the kind who carry knives.

I bet they do carry knives, your lower middle class kids. Probably got a selection of posh fish knives or something. For proper shanking etiquette.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 20 2011, 3:41 PM BST

I bet they do carry knives, your lower middle class kids. Probably got a selection of posh fish knives or something. For proper shanking etiquette.

Oh aye, I'm never sure if they're going to stab me or shuck an oyster.

(Fortunately my hands are registered as lethal weapons in 4 counties, so it wouldn't matter either way.)