British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 640

They just made some silly squinty faces and then morphed! Hehe.

Not even any orange lights or nuthin.

Weren't one or two doctors not available for regeneration?
Didn't someone have to wear a Colin Baker wig?

Though it's great for the fans, having the lead change into someone else was probably another false step for the bewildered new audience. This was supposed to be, for all intents and purposes after all, episode 1 of a brand new show for a lot of people.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 19 2011, 10:33 PM BST

Weren't one or two doctors not available for regeneration?
Didn't someone have to wear a Colin Baker wig?

They fired Colin Baker, then asked if he could come back to regenerate into mcCoy; he quite rightly told them where they could go! So little McCoy wore a curly wig.

Quote: chipolata @ April 19 2011, 9:46 PM BST

Very sad news. She was probably the definitive Who companion. And one of the most poignant aspects from New Who was when Sarah Jane turned up and reflected on how difficult to grow older while the Doctor remained the same. RIP.

I've only just come online and heard the news, and I was going to say something like Chip above. She was so bloody good in School Reunion that they could make a Who spin-off with K9 work after all. RIP, and thanks.

Our shitty local paper actually is reporting the death of dear Sarah Jane. RIP. My children adored you.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 19 2011, 10:30 PM BST

It's not a patch on how they do it now is it? Just a weird morphing thingy.

Best regeneration is Pertwee to Baker. Sarah Jane solo, with no music. Subtle. Excellent!

RIP Liz Sladen. 63. What a shocker. The team from that era of Who seems to be dropping like the flies.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 20 2011, 9:23 AM BST

RIP Liz Sladen. 63. What a shocker. The team from that era of Who seems to be dropping like the flies.

Not to be morbid, but it makes you wonder how long Tom Baker will stick around for.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 20 2011, 9:34 AM BST

Not to be morbid, but it makes you wonder how long Tom Baker will stick around for.

...not to mention Terrance Dicks...

Anyway, not to be morbid.

Riley Minor was crying her eyes out this morning. Quite inconsolable at the thought of no more Sarah-Jane.

Oh that is so sad.

It was quite a special show. The effects were always Who's left overs, but it was witty and clever in a way Who didn't always manage.

And with a surprising affection for some quite decent scifi ideas.

Very tender hearted is Riley Minor but I think part of it was the character of Sarah-Jane was very empathetic and safe for children.

Would agree that sometimes RTD produced better stuff in SJA than Who.

Yes she was very much a mumsy character in a good way.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 20 2011, 11:19 AM BST

Riley Minor was crying her eyes out this morning. Quite inconsolable at the thought of no more Sarah-Jane.

Awwww!

I liked Sarah Jane Adventures too. The best episodes were genuinely better than some of the more dodgy episodes of recent Doctor Who.
It's a shame that they'll (presumably) have to end in such a way.

Quote: zooo @ April 20 2011, 12:10 PM BST

Awwww!

I liked Sarah Jane Adventures too. The best episodes were genuinely better than some of the more dodgy episodes of recent Doctor Who.
It's a shame that they'll (presumably) have to end in such a way.

Riley Minor is a sweetheart. Unlike her olds.

Depends whether they have anything in the can or what those involved want to do. It was getting tricky as the cast are supposed to be leaving school soon. Perhaps this has been looked at?