British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 639

That comeback School episode was one of the few times I really enjoyed the Schmaltz of the new series.

It was great to see her in the new Who.

The Paul McGann Dr Who 'thing' is on now on Watch. Btw.

One big party with Jon, Nicholas and Lis. :(

Quote: zooo @ April 19 2011, 9:59 PM BST

The Paul McGann Dr Who 'thing' is on now on Watch. Btw.

There's a lot to like about that film; not least of which is McGann himself. Possibly the best Tardis interior, too. (Yes, the story itself is pretty rubbish though)

Fabulous Tardis interior

It is an excellent TARDIS interior.
I really wish New Who would shoot it like that. Yum.

Is actually quite fun so far.

Quote: zooo @ April 19 2011, 10:09 PM BST

It is an excellent TARDIS interior.
I really wish New Who would shoot it like that. Yum.

It's actually shot really well; very flash and glossy. I think RTD actually took a lot from the film.

They really should have McGann in the new series, if they ever want a multi-doc story.

The opening of this had loads of lovely closeups of things in the TARDIS, and the console, etc.
The new one sometimes tends to be a bit quick edit-y. I liked the lingering shots, and the old library antiquey interior. Cor.

One of the main problems with the McGann movie, are that, unlike RTDs, they assumed everyone knew stuff, so straight in with this voice over about the Master, Daleks killing him, Timelords getting Doctor to transport him, and on, and on; a lot of people wouldn't know what the hell was going on. RTD was much cleverer about it.

I'm glad that Paul McGann did some radio shows as Dr Who.
Not that I listen to them, but I feel it would have been a waste for that Doctor to have only had one adventure that we know of.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 19 2011, 10:20 PM BST

I'm glad that Paul McGann did some radio shows as Dr Who.
Not that I listen to them, but I feel it would have been a waste for that Doctor to have only had one adventure that we know of.

He's still going now, they release a load of CD stories featuring the past Doctors and companions every year through a company called Big Finish; even Tom Baker is doing them!

I heard one on BBC7 I think Sheridan Smith was the Doctors Companion.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 19 2011, 10:26 PM BST

I heard one on BBC7 I think Sheridan Smith was the Doctors Companion.

Yeah, she's done quite a few with him.

The McCoy to McGann regeneration was weird! And a bit rubbish.

(Only just realised they were both 'Mc's.)

Quote: zooo @ April 19 2011, 10:30 PM BST

The McCoy to McGann regeneration was weird! And a bit rubbish.

(Only just realised they were both 'Mc's.)

It's not a patch on how they do it now is it? Just a weird morphing thingy.