British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 112

Wish I was called Falco Rademacher.

Nothing to do with his success, I just wish I was.

Well done to Bluer Than Blue and the other successful entries!

Hi Griff

1. Nope, all provided the extra two episodes.

2. That's up for negotiation between the writer, script editor and us. We want to showcase the best material we can.

3. It appeared to me that the third episodes were the better ones, proof if it were needed that the more you write, the better it gets.

Oh bugger...back to the drawing board.

Thanks to Declan, Simon and all the others judges for their hard work.

Nice to have been shortlisted. But nice don't pay the bills. I'm off to the far east to make my fortune in real estate fraud (I've got some pretty exciting ideas).

Good luck to the Glorious Eight - hope I can save my pennies for the London shows.

Steven

Quote: Marc P @ April 19 2011, 8:35 PM BST

Well that's just mean.

Why do you say that Marc????????? Huh?

Congratulations to the successful 8. Wave

Quote: bushbaby @ April 19 2011, 8:58 PM BST

Why do you say that Marc????????? Huh?

Because if you read it again, you didn't say what you were trying to say. :S

Quote: KLRiley @ April 19 2011, 9:05 PM BST

Because if you read it again, you didn't say what you were trying to say. :S

I was trying to ask if Declan could film the staging of the winning sitcoms and I would be the first to buy a DVD of it. I am up north and cannot keep travelling to London for the heats, that's all. Why was it not plain? :S

Quote: bushbaby @ April 19 2011, 9:11 PM BST

I was trying to ask if Declan could film the staging of the winning sitcoms and I would be the first to buy a DVD of it. I am up north and cannot keep travelling to London for the heats, that's all. Why was it not plain? :S

No. But we knew what you meant and some people (Marc I mean you) decided to do a little editing knowing that you'd worked your way down the bottle. ;)

Quote: KLRiley @ April 19 2011, 9:18 PM BST

No. But we knew what you meant and some people (Marc I mean you) decided to do a little editing knowing that you'd worked your way down the bottle. ;)

The bottle??? haha I'm now on champers haha

Commiserations to those who got so near yet so far.
Congrats to the final 8
Well done Bluer than Blue
The only name I recognize from the list is my close personal showbiz friend Andyblacksheep
So a well done to Andy & Ciaran, I will try to go and have a look at their offering when it's on.

He didn't edit it. Bushbaby just wrote a confusing sentence!
We pretty much knew what she meant though. :)

The shows in June and July are going to be a real celebration of live comedy, so we hope to see you there.

Thanks again, Declan
View Original

Please, please can you not film them and put on DVD so we can all buy one? xx

What the f*ck is confusing about my request????????? der.. :D

Maybe it's the red wine plus champers but who cares? x

Quote: bushbaby @ April 19 2011, 9:44 PM BST

What the f*ck is confusing about my request?????????

I think it's the wording of "please can you not film them" which sounds like you don't want anyone to film them.

Quick reminder to all the writers who didn't make the 8, that The Sitcom Trials in Manchester is looking for scripts, deadline's not until June, details at http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Looking forward to the Hat Trick showcase, should be the best ever. (Please can you not film them and put them on DVD though).

Kev F

Quote: bushbaby @ April 19 2011, 9:44 PM BST

The shows in June and July are going to be a real celebration of live comedy, so we hope to see you there.

Thanks again, Declan
View Original

What the f*ck is confusing about my request????????? der.. :D

Maybe it's the red wine plus champers but who cares? x

You appear to be asking him not to film them 'can you not film them'. EDIT What Kev said.

Anyway, well done and good luck to all those who made it through.

Quote: Kev F @ April 19 2011, 9:48 PM BST

I think it's the wording of "please can you not film them" which sounds like you don't want anyone to film them.

Quick reminder to all the writers who didn't make the 8, that The Sitcom Trials in Manchester is looking for scripts, deadline's not until June, details at http://sitcomtrials.co.uk

Looking forward to the Hat Trick showcase, should be the best ever. (Please can you not film them and put them on DVD though).

Kev F

Oh!!! Got it, of course it was confusing. Right...can you please film the heats Declan and I will be the first to buy the DVD.
Is that ok? :D