British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 111

Nurse, a triple scotch for Mr Philips.

Quote: Declan @ April 19 2011, 7:48 PM BST

I've just spoken to Mark and hopefully we'll have the final eight announced just after 8pm.

Ooh, EastEnders!

you tormenting bast*rd

Hello all,

Steven here, one of the infamous 32. Luckily I wasn't near the internet at any point today - so my F5 key has remained largely intact.

During 10 years of near misses, almosts, so nearly's, (and worst of all...)actual-paid-commissions-only-to-be-followed-by-being-back-on-dole-one-year-laters - I have managed to train my stomach to no longer feel butterflies.

Nowadays I just feel the tormented fumbling of impatient caterpillars.

I should have got into IT. Computers were sooooo obviously the future. Friend of mine literally gets paid 120k per year to 'monitor' servers. But is he happy?

YES.

the eight are up on every1sacritic site

https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/blog/

Well done to those to who made it. Commiserations to those who didn't.

I'd just like to thank everyone who entered this year, you've given us a lot of work to do and in the end we had some difficult decisions to make. We said when we launched that we wanted to make this the best damned showcase of sitcom ever, and with the input that you've given we're going to make that happen.

The shows in June and July are going to be a real celebration of live comedy, so we hope to see you there.

Thanks again, Declan

Quote: Declan @ April 19 2011, 8:30 PM BST

I'd just like to thank everyone who entered this year, you've given us a lot of work to do and in the end we had some difficult decisions to make. We said when we launched that we wanted to make this the best damned showcase of sitcom ever, and with the input that you've given we're going to make that happen.

The shows in June and July are going to be a real celebration of live comedy, so we hope to see you there.

Thanks again, Declan

Please, please can you not film them and put on DVD so we can all buy one? xx

Quote: bushbaby @ April 19 2011, 8:33 PM BST

Please, please can you not film them.

Well that's just mean.

Aah well, last 32, not too shabby. No apocalypses on stage this year.

Bravo to the final eight. Not sure if any of them are on these forums, but if you are, make the most of the live show experience; I speak from experience when I say that it's brilliant fun and a great thing to be involved in.

I'm off to gorge myself on an enormous chocolate easter egg. To hell with the calories loves!

One thing that judging these thirty two scripts has brought home to us is how subjective comedy is.

Six people drew up six different shortlists.

What that means is, that although your script may not have got through to the final eight someone may well have championed it.

Quote: simon wright @ April 19 2011, 8:38 PM BST

What that means is, that although your script may not have got through to the final eight someone may well have championed it.

Tell me who championed my wafflings, I'll buy them a pint.

Bribery - It sometimes works.

Today has been agony.
Shocked and relieved to see my name on there.
Thanks to Simon and Declan for all their hard work, it must have been an extremely difficult day for them.

Russell
The Box

Quote: bluer than blue @ April 19 2011, 8:40 PM BST

Russell
The Box

And to top it all you're not
Baggs
The Brand

Not just a difficult day for us, but also for Claire, Anna and Angela at Hat Trick who read all 64 entries, and huge, huge thanks to Adam Bromley for also reading the 64 and giving his feedback.