British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 108

Quote: bushbaby @ April 18 2011, 4:25 PM BST

I could just do with 5k right now :(

How about some Special K?

Quote: Marc P @ April 18 2011, 4:27 PM BST

Restock the cellar??

I wonder if the 5k is in stages like a normal commission?

Hahaha no I just had a 70th birthday and got loads of champers/flowers etc off friends etc.

Quote: Chappers @ April 18 2011, 4:36 PM BST

How about some Special K?

hahaha at 7st I don't need that stuff :D

Greetings people who write,

Steven here - one of the lucky 32 (BREAKING RADIO) - sorry to be such a late visitor to this rather engrossing forum thread. I was vaguely aware that there was a forum tab on the top right hand of the screen - but had presumed it was a long abandoned discussion as the first page contained a message from Declan dated ''November 4, 2010, 5:29 PM BST''.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that forum threads are stacked from oldest post to newest post and require at least four active braincells to realise this. I did not realise this as I am clearly some form of medieval oaf-type character that hangs about beneath stone bridges whilst howling at his own reflection in the river below.

Shame I hadn't discovered this thread earlier though - as tomorrow I will probably be getting the sad news that I didn't make it to the final 8 (I'm a virulent pessimist) and in a fit of misguided rage will instantaneously delete my forum profile and place my laptop in the dishwasher and press option 3 (economy wash).

Anyways good luck to all my fellow 32ers and remember the old adage 'Treat adversity and success as one and the same and never look a gift horse in the mouth that has two birds in betwixt its hooves' ...or something like that...

Peace be upon thee my brethren and sisthren,
SS

Quote: Alvy Singer @ April 18 2011, 8:54 PM BST

Anyways good luck to all my fellow 32ers and remember the old adage 'Treat adversity and success as one and the same and never look a gift horse in the mouth that has two birds in betwixt its hooves' ...or something like that...

In the future I'm going to live my life by that old adage. It sounds wise.

And welcome! I see you've found the forum level with your inaugural post.

Quote: Alvy Singer @ April 18 2011, 8:54 PM BST

Greetings people who write,

Steven here - one of the lucky 32 (BREAKING RADIO) - sorry to be such a late visitor to this rather engrossing forum thread. I was vaguely aware that there was a forum tab on the top right hand of the screen - but had presumed it was a long abandoned discussion as the first page contained a message from Declan dated ''November 4, 2010, 5:29 PM BST''.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that forum threads are stacked from oldest post to newest post and require at least four active braincells to realise this. I did not realise this as I am clearly some form of medieval oaf-type character that hangs about beneath stone bridges whilst howling at his own reflection in the river below.

Shame I hadn't discovered this thread earlier though - as tomorrow I will probably be getting the sad news that I didn't make it to the final 8 (I'm a virulent pessimist) and in a fit of misguided rage will instantaneously delete my forum profile and place my laptop in the dishwasher and press option 3 (economy wash).

Peace be upon thee my brethren and sisthren,
SS

FFS Alvy I hope your dialogue is pithier in your entry!
Whistling nnocently

Quote: Marc P @ April 18 2011, 10:20 PM BST

FFS Alvy I hope your dialogue is pithier in your entry!
Whistling nnocently

Oh yes indeed - my entry contains extremely pithy dialogue. I give tremendous amounts of pith!

BTW one of my other favourite lines from Annie Hall occurs when Woody, trying to create some of that 'New Orleans' ambiance, adds a red light bulb to his bedside lamp telling Annie, "now we can go about our business and develop photographs at the same time."

I've used that line in a virtually identical situation - and it got a laugh. A big laugh. Red light bulbs are funny - rule number 157 of comedy writing.

PS: why is the spell checker highlighting the word 'dialogue'? Have I been spelling it incorrectly these past three decades?

Have you got one of them fancy American spellcheckers?

Yes it does seem to be an American spellchecker - odd - I shall have to sort that out somehow. And now its put a red line under 'spellchecker' - how ironic. I think it's time for bed now. Good night all!

Just to wish all the remaining missioners the very best.
I'm sure tea and sympathy will be available for those who are not so fortunate. Or indeed a few bottles of meths.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 19 2011, 9:35 AM BST

I'm sure tea and symapthey will be available for those who are not so fortunate. Or indeed a few bottles of meths.

:)

Quote: KLRiley @ April 19 2011, 9:35 AM BST

I'm sure tea and sympathy will be available for those who are not so fortunate. Or indeed a few bottles of meths.

To be fair, all the last 32-ers have had their work read by the clever and funny people at Hat Trick, so I'd say that everyone in the last 32 is fortunate. The live shows are the delicious icing on an already very tasty cake.

All the best with the results chaps!

Good luck to the 32!

Yeah, break a leg guys!

:)

I've got butterflies ...and mine didn't even get through!! Good luck...especially to Emma and Richard!!! xxxx No offence to anyone else, it's just I've heard theirs and they're good! xx Wave