British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 107

In the words of the late, great James Brown: I feel good.

Though I can't help but obsessively re-read them.

And question... everything !

This is my list of predicted qualifiers based on nothing more than I like the 'Title':

'The museum of things'
'Builders'
'Living in the past'
'Crime Hammer'
'Doorways'
'Too many cooks'
'4 women of the apocalypse'
'Graduates'

Anyone else?
(long-listers are not allowed to include there own sitcom!)

Quote: Griff @ April 15 2011, 11:00 AM BST

Interesting idea bluerthanblue. Favourite sitcoms by title. Here goes...

I'm impressed that the word 'Apocalypse' appears twice!

Titles that would pique my curiosity if I saw them in the TV listings, some because they are amusing (Zoodunnit) and some because they make me think 'yes I'd like to see a sitcom about that' (Builders, Divorce), others because they intrigue (Living In The Past):

My eight are Upwardly Mobile, Divorce, Between Jobs, Living In The Past, Zoodunnit, Crime Hammer, Builders, Kill Me Now, with honourable mentions for Chase And Galloway and Emergency Doctors Hospital Ward.

There was a sitcom about divorce [Joking Apart] and the head of the beeb at that time, I think it was David Jacobs [but 'David' may be incorrect] condemned it saying, divorce is not a laughing matter.

*Joking Apart alert* *Joking Apart alert*

Someone's mentioned Joking Apart on these forums except me!

Dan

I'm throwing my suggestions into the 'Most interesting titles of the last 32' pot:

Emergency Doctors Hospital Ward
Bears
Kill Me Now
The Museum of Things
Crime Hammer
Zoodunnit (If this isn't about a crime-solving animal in a zoo I shall be most disappointed)
Four Women of the Apocalypse
Night Library

I think they hold the most intrigue for me. I'd love to know what 'Bears' is about. It can't just be about... some bears, can it?

"There was a sitcom about divorce [Joking Apart] and the head of the beeb at that time, I think it was David Jacobs [but 'David' may be incorrect] condemned it saying, divorce is not a laughing matter."

Did get a couple of series out of it though and won some awards. Marvellous show, well worth tracking down the independently made DVD.

Sadly its writer, one Steven Moffat, vanished into obscurity afterwards and was never heard of again.

ps: Why does the quote facility never let me do a proper quote of Bushbaby?

Quote: Antrax @ April 16 2011, 9:25 AM BST

ps: Why does the quote facility never let me do a proper quote of Bushbaby?

Because BB puts square brackets [] in her posts.

Do I need to use () those ones then?

Yes.

24 hours to go! Ooooooo! Aaaaaaah! Eeeeeeee!

Quote: Griff @ April 18 2011, 3:17 PM BST

Luckily for my psychological wellbeing I got an email at the weekend telling me something interesting might be happening with another project I'm involved in.

That's not the plan to kidnap Steven Wright and eviserate him?

Becuase frankly some people like him and you're just being selfish.

Luckily for my psychological wellbeing I got an email at the weekend telling me something interesting might be happening with another project I'm involved in.

If it involves Radio 2 I'll just say a quick 'congratulations' before throwing myself out of the window.

(Hmmm....I live just high up enough to really injure myself doing this without guaranteeing a swift end. Perhaps I should move to Dubai before posting this....)

OK....you've talked me off the ledge.

I'll nominate you for The George Cross for this.

(Only 5% of the nominations go through to the second round, where they will be required to peform two further acts of bravery in four weeks....)

Luckily for my psychological wellbeing I got an email at the weekend telling me something interesting might be happening with another project I'm involved in. So in the unthinkable event of an administrative error ruling me out of the shortlist, I can throw myself into this other thing... which I'm sure is just as good as winning £5000 and a TV Commission and agent from Hat Trick... really it is... honestly... Teary

I could just do with 5k right now :(

Restock the cellar??

I wonder if the 5k is in stages like a normal commission?