British Comedy Guide

Friday Night Dinner - Series 1 Page 11

I thought it was far funnier than last week's. Nearly a different show, in fact. But still really just "ok" overall, as bighead65 says.

I find the two sons so irritating that I want to slap their annoying, whining, practical joke playing, idiotic and juvenile smarty arse bottoms into next week.

Just saying...

Quote: Kattykitt @ March 14 2011, 2:05 PM GMT

I find the two sons so irritating that I want to slap their annoying, whining, practical joke playing, idiotic and juvenile smarty arse bottoms into next week.

Just saying...

I agree it does seem a bit obvious, "adolescents" playing tricks.

Hmm, finding it difficult to care now. This:

ANY CHARACTER:
What?!

is an irritatingly common occurrence every episode and adds not a jot each time it's uttered.

Still laughed in places in the second half, but the first-half set up drags a lot.

Dan

There's a lot of wit, good lines and structure in this sitcom. But neither heart nor meanness.

It doesn't help that the 2 boys are basically the same none to engaging character.

The dad is excelent but there's a point in sitcom where you need character and this lacks it big time.

Nothing special here but I can put up with it. Agree the sons could do with - if I might employ a Belfast colloquialism here - A fuc*in right good boot up the hole!

They just get on my nerves and grate terribly after about five minutes into each episode.

The first episode was rubbish, ... the second episode was rubbish, ... the third episode was rubbish, ... in my opinion. Is this the first comedy Robert Popper has written without a partner? Sorry I find little in this series, and the only thing that drags me back is disbelief that it's on in the first place, and maybe Tamsim, not keen on the long hair, tho.

Enough is enough, can't put myself thru anymore...

*cancels series link*

Quote: swerytd @ March 14 2011, 8:14 PM GMT

Hmm, finding it difficult to care now. This:

ANY CHARACTER:
What?!

There's also a lot of:

ANY CHARACTER:
'Brilliant'

The Inbetweeners used this a lot but it's totally inane.

I really enjoyed last night's, the best of the series so far.

It's an odd show, as for the first, maybe, ten minutes of each episode, I start thinking there's not enough going on; but by the end of the episode I'm really laughing and looking forward to the next. It sort of slowly builds a head of steam each time.

Never watched it and don't plan to, as the trailers are always so mind-numbingly awful. Not a shred of believability about the Dad character from what I can see.

Quote: Griff @ March 26 2011, 1:38 PM BST

I'm a sad example of ADHD Britain.

That may well be the funniest thing typed ever.

I suffer with ADDD

Attention Defficent Disinterest Disorder

Surprisingly common

Quote: Millsy @ March 28 2011, 12:39 PM BST

Never watched it and don't plan to, as the trailers are always so mind-numbingly awful. Not a shred of believability about the Dad character from what I can see.

Such a strange post.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 28 2011, 12:56 PM BST

Such a strange post.

Why? Trailers are meant to make you want to watch something. The trailers are extremely off-putting so I don't bother.

Is the Dad a three-dimensional, believable character? Eats out of the bin, has a join the dots sex book and uses a magnifying glass to look at his penis in the front room from what I've seen.