British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 351

People seem very interested in Angelina Jolie's doings.

Quote: Griff @ March 23 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

Monroe was just another pretty face back then, massive legend now.

Well I imagine it had something to do with her death, you suddenly jump up the fame table if you die young.

Quote: Griff @ March 23 2011, 10:42 PM GMT

Indeed. And the whole JFK notoriety thing.

But lots of stars die young. Who remembers Jean Harlow now. Or Aaliyah.

I loved Aaliyah! Surprised you know who she is though Griff. No offence.

Quote: Griff @ March 23 2011, 10:42 PM GMT

Indeed. And the whole JFK notoriety thing.

But lots of stars die young. Who remembers Jean Harlow now. Or Aaliyah. Or Seefacts.

Seefact's isn't dead, he's in Tim's basement. In a pit. Naked.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 23 2011, 10:47 PM GMT

Seefact's isn't dead, he's in Tim's basement. In a pit. Naked.

I like to think that's where we'll all end up.

Quote: Griff @ March 23 2011, 10:37 PM GMT

I'm getting double misunderstood by everyone now so I'll back out of this. My point, WHICH WAS SO SIMPLE I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE REPEATING IT, was that we might all be surprised by who future generations decide were the big stars of our day. Taylor was huge in her time, practically forgotten now. Monroe was just another pretty face back then, massive legend now.

How are those forty-three Sitcom Mission episodes coming along, Griff?

Quote: Griff @ March 23 2011, 10:48 PM GMT

Also have you managed to somehow take offence at my suggestion that Liz Taylor is not generally the first film star who comes to mind for most young people nowadays?

who, me?

Quote: Griff @ March 23 2011, 11:05 PM GMT

The first one's half done.

Good man. It's a lot of work but it's not wasted work. Even if they don't get you to the next round you can enter one in next year's Sitcom Mission, and still have two spare for round two.

People are saying 'She was the last of the Hollywood greats', clearly forgetful that the likes of Kirk Douglas and Ernest Borgnine are still walking crawling among us.

It's not as if it's a slow news day in Australia, but here's a map of average penis size by country: http://www.news.com.au/national/which-men-have-the-biggest-penises/story-e6frfkvr-1226027249125

I never got the fuss about Taylor, she was pretty but couldn't act and in ?y view lacked charisma

These days stars have to work across more diffuse media media diluting their factor

Quote: sootyj @ March 24 2011, 7:39 AM GMT

I never got the fuss about Taylor, she was pretty but couldn't act and in ?y view lacked charisma

She did have the on again off again marriage thing, which makes for good exposure.

A pervert who pleasures himself while covered in farmyard manure was today jailed after plaguing a family with his bizarre fetish for more than seven years.

http://swns.com/dirty-mucker-pervert-who-pleasured-himself-in-manure-jailed-231503.html

Quote: Kenneth @ March 24 2011, 9:34 AM GMT

A pervert who pleasures himself while covered in farmyard manure was today jailed after plaguing a family with his bizarre fetish for more than seven years.

http://swns.com/dirty-mucker-pervert-who-pleasured-himself-in-manure-jailed-231503.html

Well, that explains where Veronica Vestibule went.

Laughing out loud

Quote: don rushmore @ March 24 2011, 2:08 AM GMT

People are saying 'She was the last of the Hollywood greats'

They always say that when a big star dies.

However there is a real class and sophistication 40s and 50s Hollywood actresses had which is is lacking now. Lauren Bacall, Rosalind Russell and Barbara Stanwyck could always hold their own with a leading man.
Sure they were written better parts but I can't really see Megan Fox, Mylie Cyrus or Jennifer Anniston bantering with Bogart, Cary Grant or Robert Mitchum.

Gawd, I'm beginning to sound like Parkie or Roy Hudd.