British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 627

There was also a lovely bit of boring male lesbian fantasy too.
For god's sake.

Laaaaaaaaame.

Quote: zooo @ March 21 2011, 10:20 PM GMT

I still think Mark Gatiss would be a good Doctor.

I really, really like Mark Gatiss; but as The Doctor? Definitely no.

He'd be perfect!

Quote: zooo @ March 21 2011, 10:26 PM GMT

It was also a lovely bit of boring male lesbian fantasy too.
For god's sake.

Laaaaaaaaame.

It was some silly fun and nothing more.

Quote: zooo @ March 21 2011, 10:27 PM GMT

He'd be perfect!

No. He'd be too . . . arch.

YOUR FACE IS TOO ARCH.

Quote: Griff @ March 21 2011, 10:29 PM GMT

I wonder if in next year's special they can treat us to a hilarious episode about The Doctor having a wank.

Was it The Doctor looking up her skirt? Or in fact her husband? In a light, silly gag; which is very different to having the Doctor masturbate during Comic Relief.

You'll feel bad if that's true...

If he comes back having to type with his nose . . . it doesn't bare thinking about.

Quote: Griff @ March 21 2011, 10:03 PM GMT

Colin Baker guest starred in Doctor Who and then played the Doctor. That was then and this is now, mind.

I wouldn't call it a guest starring role, as he wasn't really a star at that time (or was he?). He was just had a few lines as a Gallifreyan guard chief (in the standard silly gridiron helmet) detaining Peter Davison.

Quote: Kenneth @ March 21 2011, 10:39 PM GMT

I wouldn't call it a guest starring role, as he wasn't really a star at that time (or was he?). He was just had a few lines as a Gallifreyan guard chief (in the standard silly gridiron helmet) detaining Peter Davison.

He'd been the bad guy in a seventies soap called 'Brothers'; I think he was reasonably well known, if not a big star.

Quote: Griff @ March 21 2011, 10:29 PM GMT

I wonder if in next year's special they can treat us to a hilarious episode about The Doctor having a wank.

I think they kind of have. In 'The Lodger' he shuts himself in his room after getting rid of Corden and you can hear rustling sounds.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 21 2011, 10:40 PM GMT

He'd been the bad guy in a seventies soap called 'Brothers'; I think he was reasonably well known, if not a big star.

Ya, just looked at his entry on Wikipedia and see he was married to Liz Goddard, who was not only mentioned by Chappers in the Minder thread today, but also played the whiny English girl in Skippy.

Quote: Griff @ March 21 2011, 10:43 PM GMT

*weeps for the goodness and decency of Jon Pertwee*

Which bit of you is weeping? Errr

Quote: Griff @ March 21 2011, 10:43 PM GMT

:( *weeps for the goodness and decency of Jon Pertwee*

Can anyone with the surname Pertwee really be that wholesome? Sounds like a euphemism to me.

Quote: Griff @ March 21 2011, 10:46 PM GMT

My SOUL Putters. My SOUL is weeping through MY EYES.

Is it the colour of lost dreams and loves you've never known?

Was it sticky? Yeah I bet it was sticky.